no water pressure

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
hi can anybody help i have next to no hot water pressure in any tap. the cold is fine. this is the first time since last year i have had the van out it was ok when it went into storage i can not see any bent or squashed hoses ....... help please danny

Dec 23, 2006
Visit site
Daniel,

Did you open any hot water drain taps after last use of caravan?

Have you had the caravan serviced, if so check the dealer has not opened or closed any taps.

Have you allowed enough time for the hot waer tank to fill?

Hamer

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
all i did last time i put it away was let all the water out with the drain plug on the side of the van then replaced it for over the winter. i think the water tank should have had time to fill. i have even tried taking the drain plug out and running the taps water pisses out of the drain faster when the pump is running so i asume that the boiler is refilling ok .

danny

Sep 8, 2006
Visit site
Sounds to me like there could still be air in the hot water tank. I would have thought that the water pressure should be same as cold water unless air is present in the hot tank.

I know you've probably tried but I would try draining everything down again, close the drain tap or plug then re-fill the system.

Best of luck, Dan.

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
no no check valve the water is the same in all taps inc shower it runs very slow then all but stops.its a carver heater(only runs on gas) on a 95 van. how does the hot water pressurise is there a pump on the boiler ?????

danny

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am going to guess that something other than the proper hot water outlet fitting has been fitted, such as a cold water inlet instead, and the non return valve is sticking.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Forgot to add, there is no pump on the heater, th epressure is normally achieved by the heating of the water, which creates pressure in the system when all is working properly

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
how would i tell if its the wrong fitting ? is there a pump built in ???
how do you fill the tank ? am i doing it correct ?do i just open hot tap at sink and wait for water to come out ? how will the water get to the tap if its not hot ie no pressure ?

thanks

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
how do you fill the tank ? am i doing it correct ?do i just open hot tap at sink and wait for water to come out ? how will the water get to the tap if its not hot ie no pressure ?

thanks

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site

thanks

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Daniel, filling the water system should be easy enough, but I have found some vans to have a specific way of purging the air.

It should be just a case of connecting the pump, opening a hot tap and as you have tried, waiting for a steady flow of water.

However, some vans need to have the shower purged first. followed by the wash basin taps, then the sink, because of the placing of joints in the pipework.

Initially the only pressure you need is that supplied by the pump, once full and heated th epressure is increased a small amount by the action of hot water expanding.

There ar eno additional pumps anywhere in the system.

The last possibility is limesacle blocking the outlet.

I would suggest you get it serviced.

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
thanks Damian i will re try 2morrow i have drained it off tonight so its ready for another shouting match when i get home

thanks again i will post to let you all know who wins

Jul 31, 2008
Visit site
many thanks for all your help everyone, sorted it now not sure what was wrong i conected my compresser up to the hot water hose near the boiler and gave it a good blow out seems fine now

thanks danny

Mar 28, 2009
Visit site
many thanks for all your help everyone, sorted it now not sure what was wrong i conected my compresser up to the hot water hose near the boiler and gave it a good blow out seems fine now

thanks danny
Hi Daniel - is your your compressor one of those things they have in garages for gear from sprayguns to inflating tyres? How did you attach it? I have a problem of low pressure and pulsing pressure switch an, after much trial/error think there is some junk still in the pipes (the carbon filter on the inlet burst). I was contemplating trying to flush through using a hose at mains pressure. Anyone else want to comment?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts