Normandy/Britanny

We are planning our first trip to France with our caravan and as yet have failed to find a channel crossing for less than £600 without even considering site fees, can anyone give me some advice on camp sites that offer complete packages i.e. crossing and pitch fees. Also is there extra cost on length of Car and Caravan, we have a Compass Corona 534 and tow with a Mitsubishi Shogun LWB. We would prefer to sail from Plymouth.

Thanks in advance

Debra & Paul

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi debra if you conact ether c&c club or camping cheques you will find that you can get much cheeper crossings including site fees etc camping cheques are good but only low season they work out

nor

Dec 21, 2003
Visit site
hi

the best advice i can give you is to get an all inclusive price from the c&cc. they have very good deals and competitive prices their crossings are priced dover to calais you will have to pay a supplement to use another crossing. also you dont need to be a member to get a quote or to send for a brochure.but to book with them you will need to join. the cc have similar offers.and will also give you a price. we have used the c&cc a few times and found them good value pluss excellent sites. good luck.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To get really good prices,the answer is to book early ( before Xmas ). How about stopping in Britain this year,rather than pay outrageous prices and go for it next year? Happy caravanning.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We always book with the caravan club they are much cheaper than booking direct with the ferry companies, eg our hol this year is for 16 days car and caravan at high season and it has cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you have the time and you can travel out and back Monday to Thursday, then look seriously at Norfolk Line Dover-Dunkirk. As a company I would recommend them to anyone - they understand what customer care is about, albeit the crossing takes just over two hours and the landing is about 20m E of Calais.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi. I have booked to for France this summer as I have done for the last six years. Even though I always shop around I always go back to Select Sites. They are extremely helpful and excellent value. They take care of everything.

Mar 30, 2005
Visit site
Booked via The Caravan Club again this year. E Class Mercedes towing an Abbey GTS (7m in length). Portsmouth to Cherbourg and return. 17 nights in total at 3 sites in Brittany & Normandy. Total cost around

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts