Northumberland

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all.

My parents have booked a holiday cottage for the last week of May in a place called High Newton-by-the-sea. It's between Embleton and Beadnell. I'm thinking of surprising them by staying nearby in the van. I'd like a quiet(ish) site for me and the OH, plus a dog. Any suggestions?

Many thanks, Gary.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look at the CC site at River Breamish, Powburn which is inland due west from your relatives. A very nice site with good facilities for the dog.

Gan canny ! as they say up there.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Gary,

See the postings about this site from 30th Nov. last - it always gets favourable comments - anymore like that and it will get crowded ! It is only about 80 miles away for us so we've been there four times in the last 16 months.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Beadnell Bay CCC Site is only about 3 miles by road from Newton.

There has always been a CS site just out of Embleton towards Seahouses, but not sure if it still exists now or not. The Big site Book will tell you, if a member of CCC.

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
The Ship Inn at Low Newton is Brilliant as is the beach and nature reserve behind the dunes.

Walk from Craster to Dunstanburgh castle is unmissable.

Try Craster Kippers.

Warkworth - Walk along the river

Bamburgh Castle walk along the beach

You have to visit Lindisfarne (also known as Holy Island), you need to drive across at low water check here http://www.northumberlandlife.org/holy-island/Page2.asp

Caravan Sites

C&CC Site Dunstan Hill

Proctor Steads Caravaning

C&CC CS North Farm Embleton

Kevin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Terry- you are quite right.

I meant to type, of course, Dunstan Hill CCC site, not Beadnell Bay.

Having stayed on the farm next door to Beadnell Bay for over 30 years, you would have thought I knew the difference - doh!!

Thanks also to KevinKTWO who names the CS I referred to in my post.

Our favourite pub for value eating is The Horseshoes Inn at Rennington - never let us down yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts