Norway with a caravan

Aug 19, 2005
Visit site
I'm thinking of travelling between Bergen and Oslo next summer with my caravan. Along the Rv7.

Has anybody driven this road, with or without a caravan and if so do you think its possible to do with a caravan.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Yes, the main road from Bergen to Oslo is absolutely no problem. There are very few roads where a caravan would be inappropriate and most of these are minor roads.

If I were you I'd get a road map from the Norwegian Tourist Office. They issue (or at least they used to) a free one with all roads marked which are unsuitable for towing or which require some experience. Most were in the fjord country north of Bergen, towards Trondheim (lovely country, so still worth a try).

Our very first experience of caravanning was touring Norway and I found that even those roads marked as unsuitable (and there weren't many) were negotiable for a novice so long as the caravan is not too large and one takes a bit of extra care. In cases like that one must be prepared to perhaps have to reverse the outfit a few yards to a passing place if there is wide oncoming traffic.

May 20, 2006
Visit site
Lutz,

I am coiming in on this post and I have read your comments about Norway. I am thinking of going next year and wanted to know how you got to Norway. I live in the NE so obvious option is out of North Shields on DFDS. What are costs of sites in Norway ? What Gas bottles would I require ?

Woz

Aug 19, 2005
Visit site
Lutz,

I am coiming in on this post and I have read your comments about Norway. I am thinking of going next year and wanted to know how you got to Norway. I live in the NE so obvious option is out of North Shields on DFDS. What are costs of sites in Norway ? What Gas bottles would I require ?

Woz
I'm planning to take the DFDS ferry to Bergen, but it is not cheap! Norway isn't either but from what I've seen I think the camp sites are reasonable. I'm not sure about gas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts