Nose weight gauge

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Got to agree with Klarky, although you do have to use the bathroom scales intelligently to be accurate. The coupling must be at the same height as when the caravan is hitched up to the car so the length of the strut that you use must be set accordingly.

Sep 2, 2005
Visit site
Lutz, being a novice in all of this I am a bit bewildered. I have done my homework and understand the importance of noseweight and thought that a gauge made for the job ought to be accurate. Are you saying that they are not made to an acceptable tolerance? If this is true then surely, if something happened due to incorrect noseweight setting, the manufacturer could be held responsible? Are these things not checked for accuracy before leaving the factory? Im sorry for seemingly putting you on the spot, its just that I have noticed youy do tend to give factual and precise information. Cheers, Derek.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
the upright type noseweight gauge is tested to within 3% of the possible noseweight of the van ie 90 kgs nsw it will show 93 or 87 near enough whichever way its been calibrated,usually calibrated over.trouble is these have to be used absolute vertically and at the correct hitch height,and if not they can give a totally wrong reading,this is where the scales are easier to use and therefore more accurate

Sep 2, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Klarky. So do you know what the height should be, and is it measured when the caravan hitch is resting on the gauge with the correct amount of nose weight bearing down on it (ie when the gauge is pressed down) or before the downward pressure is put on it? I hope that makes sense!! Derek.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts