Not sure what to do or when to do it!?

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,
I'm after some advice. My van is a Burstner Aviano i640G. It's done 16000 miles and has an 08 plate. Now, should I book it in for it's first cambelt change yet? Any advice welcome.
Regards,
John

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm no expert but, like tyres, age rather than mileage can often dictate when a motorhome needs a cambelt change. It is the base vehicle, rather than the motorhome model, which is the controlling factor so there should be some advice in the Ducato owners handbook that came with your van.
When we bought our 03 Reg Burstner t625 Harmony last February I didn't know how old the cambelt was so asked that it be changed as part of the deal. When the salesman checked the workshop ticket, the foreman had already made a note to do so. When we picked the van up the salesman mentioned that the documentation showed that the old belt had a year to go, having been changed 4 years previously, but they had put a new one on anyway for peace of mind all round.

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Oops, or even good sense.
smiley-laughing.gif

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Assuming it is a Fiat based van, then read the service manual because that will tell you. Or ring a Fiat Professional dealer. I had my done as part of the Fiat 5th year service. You need to get all the belts done such as air conditioning, not just the cambelt.
If you have only just bought the van, check to see whether it has been done. If you intend keeping the van for a number of yesrs, then it might be worth doing now for peace of mind.

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Check with your Fiat agent indeed - I was under the impression that the new X250 models had chain drives for the overhead cam etc so no can belt to change but best check

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts