Now Come on .....

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It appears that the letters editors of this months, Caravan Club magazine , are compliant in a little competition as to who can submit the biggest "porky" and get it published . I refer to a published, off the cuff, conversation at a washing up area where two members admitted that they had arrived at a site having forgoten to hitch up the caravan.......Doh.!! .....or could they be telling the truth....if so very very, frightening.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
My father-in-law once loaded up a trailer of garden rubbish to take to the local tip. When he arrived at the tip the trailer was no where to be seen. He obviously had not attatched it to the towbar! Fortunately it was still on his drive when he got home!!

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Connie said:
Just think if he arrived on site without the van, it means he drove all the way without looking in any of his mirrors.
As the OP said, frightening!
But why on earth did the magazine publish such trash?

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't it be fun if the editor of the Caravan Club Mag bothered to read this forum and posted a response. I wonder if he/she would threaten me with a brigade of twirlies marching on my house ...taking the wheels off my van and shunning me over to the "other lot".
I know that our hobby attracts a majority of the retired camper....but the magazine seems to be encased in a time warp,which ponders to the tut tut brigade as far as children are concerned and seems to revel in the inane published comment.
I don't think I have hardly ever read a members letter and thought .."now that's a great point"...unlike this forum, which I can very often spend hours surfing through the most informative topics and comments posted anywhere and yes I am retired and yes I love my peace and quiet and yes I don't mind the children on a site at all unless the little ***%$£**. kick a ball against my van...then watch out...Nah just joking ...honest.

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
To be fair,the correspondant was only joking about leaving his van behind,it was the other person who drove all the way to site without looking in his mirror.I found the letter regarding the damage caused whilst in the service area quite interesting.If you're ever in a collision and the other party either can't or wont divulge insurance details,a phone call to the Police is well in order.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi we where on a 5 van site a couple years ago when a caravan hitch up went up a drive on the way up the caravan broke away from the car and rested just infront of a motorhome luckly there was no damae but the caravan owner drove out of a very tight opening down a narrow lane on to the m 55 and then relized his van was missing he came back to the site nearly having a heart attack to this day we dont no how on earth he never knew is van was missing and this is a true story

TRENDING THREADS