oh where oh where has everyone gone

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Where is everyone, I don't see any names on here anymore.

Have they deserted the forum or are they sitting somewhere else?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Spent last two months in Wyoming at N Devon watching dad die. Buried him last friday. Hopefully get back to normal now, that's if I can remember how to use the PC.

Cheers

Dustydog

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
sorry to here that dustydog, lost my dad 3 years ago in April and that took just under 3 months from start of illness. Hope you have family around you to help you through the next few months

Jo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Likewise I too offer my sincere condolences to DD on this sad occassion. Hopefully you will get over the sad loss and have many happy memories of your Dad to look back on.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Sympathy for your loss, DD. Horrible time, getting back to normal always takes longer than one expects. Best wishes to your family.

mel

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
well smiley........with work and weekend taxi driving the kids around...........i do my best to get on here but i think the weekends are shrinking because i dont seem to have enough time at weekends

am i the only one who thinks this?

hgv dave

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
No. It seems weekends done even recharge my hubbys batteries anymore.

He wishes he culd retire but to many years to go yet!!

Doesn't help having so much work to do on house.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Many thanks for all your kind words of sympathy.

The last 8 weeks were not pleasant. The up side was we spent every night in the Wyoming. I hate to admit it but the bed is better than that at home. We are still on the same gas bottle and so far everything is still working.

Off to St Austell saturday week for a good rest.

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Go for it DD and relax and unwind. You now have more time to devote to your wife and family. Your father is now at peace and not suffering and I am sure he would wish you happiness to enjoy yourself. Good luck for the future.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Colin.

I voted today, one for the retired bloke who cares about our local community and has the time to spare and I openly admit it, UKIP for the main vote. It's time these Westminster layabouts had a wake up call. That's what my dad would have done.

Cheers

Dustydog

May 2, 2006
Visit site
Alan,

Just logged on and seen your sad news. Many condolences. I remember all too clearly sitting with my mum day after day as she died from a brain tumour over a six month period a few years ago so I have some idea of how you will feel.

Enjoy Cornwall and have a good unwind. Have you done your Scottish island tour yet?

Cheers

Mike A

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Mike

I'm sure you and Sue know how much hard work is involved. Hopefully none of us will have to it again for a while.

We're off to St Austell for a couple of weeks next saturday with my in laws and sisters family plus uncle in his motor home. Should be fun if the weather improves. Then another five days in North Devon at our sacred secret CL whilst we bury dad's ashes.

The Outer Hebrides break starts in the middle of august, should be back early october. What a life eh. And all those years where you could never have more than two weeks in a row!

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS