Old magazines - what do you do with them ??

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
As I have indicated previously we are new to caravanning, as is my wont when I start something new, I buy the specific magazines covering the subject. I have found that this is a good way to quickly get the basic information required.

However I now have about 20 of them, some going back 10 months and cannot decide what to do with them. I am thinking of cutting them up and trying to file items that may be useful in the future, as problems arise on our van.

One thought is with the various site reviews, these, I am sure, are a good indication of sites to consider. The problem is how to store them, as many are printed back to back. I am thinking of using Regional Area's and possibly photocopying pages as a way to sort them into the various area's.

What do you do with your old magazines ?

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
George

Why not scan the pages you want to keep on to your PC.

You can print off the ones you want if you are going somewhere & laminte them & store in a folder ?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We used to give them to doctor's surgery but they won't accept them now in case the magazine carries a flu virus???? Now you sit staring into space until your appointment comes up 20 minutes after the allocated time!

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
George

Why not scan the pages you want to keep on to your PC.

You can print off the ones you want if you are going somewhere & laminte them & store in a folder ?
Hello Sproket,

As always wise words, a great suggestion that I had not thought of.

Best regards,

George

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I pass mine (CC Mag,C&CC Mag Caravan Mag and PC Mag )to a friend who after they have read them pass them on to others.Expensive for me but cheap for them .lol :eek:)

G

I buy the magazines that suit my 2 interests and they gradually form a pile at my side of the bed. I read, and re-read them until the pile has reached the height whereby the 'boss' decides enough is enough and i have to lose a few. Deciding which to keep, and which to lose is always a long and heartwrenching procedure, and I usually have to buy the new uissue to make up for it.

Like others i used to place the old, but not too old, copies in the Doc's but as mentioned they will only allow you to read leaflets on how to die without bothering them, or something similar, so I am afraid my old copies go to the paper salvage.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I take mine to "clinic" areas of my local hospital. I always ask permission first in the individual areas.They always seem pleased to have them.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I, like the plotter, pass my magazines on, firstly to my daughter in law, who in turn passes them to my sister. I keep any that are relevant to where we are going, I.e. we are planning a trip to Rutland in the summer, and one of the mags did a review (was it P.C?), anyway mags with articles such as this are kept, the rest are passed on. Cheers, Roy.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I buy the magazines that suit my 2 interests and they gradually form a pile at my side of the bed. I read, and re-read them until the pile has reached the height whereby the 'boss' decides enough is enough and i have to lose a few. Deciding which to keep, and which to lose is always a long and heartwrenching procedure, and I usually have to buy the new uissue to make up for it.

Like others i used to place the old, but not too old, copies in the Doc's but as mentioned they will only allow you to read leaflets on how to die without bothering them, or something similar, so I am afraid my old copies go to the paper salvage.
Our surgery must be politically incorrect - still piles of various magazines in the waiting area. Today I had a choice of the Caravan Club (December 2009) issue, Good Housekeeping, Chat, BBC Gardening, several 'Jeremy Clarkson' type magazines, lots of old Hellos, Heat, even Nuts and FM, plus the ubiquitous National Geographic.

We've not had a higher than average number of flu cases in our area, either, so I guess people here must 'catch it and bin it' or whatever the current Flu slogan is.

As an aside, our local pharmacy has reduced the price of the 'Flu Packs' it was selling (hand wash, wipes, and tissues) to 49p from

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
Like several others I let them accumulate for a few months then go through them and take out any articles that may be of interest and then they go in the recycling. When retirement arrives one of the projects is to sort and scan the extracted articles (along with the accumulated photos from over the years)

Alun

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts