One car per Pitch CC

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
The caravan club has decided to revert to the practce of allowing two cars on a pitch for 2009 and beyond. Great so now we will have 10 doors for the kids to slam at night. With a carvan and its awning up on one side car parked on the other side this was just right left you with 3m fire break. All that is going to happen now is people are going to incrotch more onto your space. Or there just leave the second car on the road way.

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Yes this new breed of caravaner one car towing the 100ft caravan the other car loaded up to the roof with all the toys. You know the onces arrive on site first thing set up there missel defence system up goes the 60ft dish scanning for incoming missels next lay out all the toys look what we got. Next up goes a long pole with flags and things when they come back p***** out of there minds they got something to home in on.

WE ALL KNOW THEM DONT WE.

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
So you have had neighbours like this as well have you Stephen - what about the giant size awning, yapping dog, blaring radio/tv,

laughter and shouting into the small hours, etc - thankfully they are in a minority - how on earth two cars per pitch can be accommodated beggars belief

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Two cars are ok if you have a visitor.

Unfortunatly because this two car per van thing is getting more common, my favorite site now charges extra for a second car, and also extra for a visitor, extra for each dog.

You get the idear.

It would be extra for each child, but its adult only.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We use two cars because I set off in the morning and my wife then joins me later in the day however this is normlly within a 20 miles radius of our home and invariably on he way home from work anyway.

Her car is cheaper to run around in than for us to use the 4 x 4and we very seldom use CC site. Is this a problem for Stephen?

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
IAN

Not if there parked correctly on you pitch. But on most of the sites i have been on as I said time you have a awning up and one car where is the second car going. Yes you got it. Next door has not got a awning we will put it there follow my drift.

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Gosh I hope I don't end up in between Stephen and Jon on my hols lol. With having a large caravan and awning, 2 kids, tv/cd and a small dog. We only use the one car though and we don't drink to much and we definately don't have a large sat dish or flag. Hope thats ok with you both I'd hate to upset you.

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi Stephen,

I have to defend the Caravan Club a little, I know the "shell suit" brigade your refering to, but i have never seen them on a CC pitch, and if they were, I'm sure they would quickly be moved on to a commercial site and enjoy the "freedom" with their neighbours!!!

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Gosh I hope I don't end up in between Stephen and Jon on my hols lol. With having a large caravan and awning, 2 kids, tv/cd and a small dog. We only use the one car though and we don't drink to much and we definately don't have a large sat dish or flag. Hope thats ok with you both I'd hate to upset you.
No I bet your very nice people Its just me I always seem to get rottern eggs next to me.

Jan 6, 2008
Visit site
Caravan Cook

Its just me letting of steam the last few times we have gone away we have had some real bad eggs next to us and they can get you down. I am of the old school dont say nothing it will just make thing worse so it just builds up in side and I let it out on the forum from time to time.

RANT OVER

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Stephen, I would hate it too, and I would complain. When you look forward to a break for so long, I wouldn't let anyone spoil it. I would ask to have them moved or I'd want moved to another pitch.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Stephen

You are using the wrong sites.

Avoid coastal sites.

Use CLs.

Use adults only. i rarely have problems.

I hate closly parked vans surrounded by cars. So i have found sites that suit use. There are some great sites if you only look. I have stopped giving out my best sites, all that happened is they became too popular, and got spolit.

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We've had difficulty getting onto pitches when arriving due to 2nd cars being parked horizontally in front of caravans. This narrows the often tight roads no end and makes reversing onto pitches opposite nigh on impossible. Thank heavens for the motor mover!

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
Caravan Cook

Its just me letting of steam the last few times we have gone away we have had some real bad eggs next to us and they can get you down. I am of the old school dont say nothing it will just make thing worse so it just builds up in side and I let it out on the forum from time to time.

RANT OVER
Hi Stephen,

Fullly understand! Im old school too, I have an 8 year old daughter, she knows to recpect other outfits on site. (why do some kids have to run between the van and the car!!! is this another topic I wonder?)

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
we do use 2 cars as I go down with the caravan and kids help me set up and hubby usually joins is a few days later as I tend to go at the end of the week and he is self employed and his busiest times are weekends also it saves us falling out over setting everything up I don't work and I don't see why he cant enjoy his holiday from day one

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
We've had difficulty getting onto pitches when arriving due to 2nd cars being parked horizontally in front of caravans. This narrows the often tight roads no end and makes reversing onto pitches opposite nigh on impossible. Thank heavens for the motor mover!
at one site we went to that was how you were expected to park your car it was a nightmare getting the van back out again

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I've had the same trouble as Claire and Rob,

The second car was parked half on, half off the pitch depriving me of precious turning space.

The worst ones are the early risers. Saw this last year in the Peaks in March. Hubby had to go to work. Car was frosted and cold. He left his diesel engine running for 20 mins, had a cup of tea and went to work.

We were on a holiday and didn't want to get up at 6.45am.

Best to avoid the sites where this selfishness can happen.

Cheers

Alan

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We've no issue with people taking 2 cars, our friends often invite parents along who bring their own car and we will probably do what some here have mentioned at times with Claire going with the kids and Rob joining later, especially as Claire works term time. The only thing we object to is when the second car on a pitch is an inconvenience to others. Just a little thought is needed sometimes.

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
Non of the posts have really identified a problem with people who use two cars - What has been identified is that there are inconsiderate people in life.

Will banning two cars change that of course not. I think we have to get better at dealing with people who act unreasonable, as Stephen identified there is a need to challenge people who don't act in a reasonable manner and to do it before the red mist descends.

For me occasionally allowing two cars on site lets my parents or children visit and sometimes stay over, for me or my partner to have an extra night when the other has work commitments, for todo a one way tour by bike canoe or foot. So for me it is sometimes a deal breaker.

Kevin

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Yes this new breed of caravaner one car towing the 100ft caravan the other car loaded up to the roof with all the toys. You know the onces arrive on site first thing set up there missel defence system up goes the 60ft dish scanning for incoming missels next lay out all the toys look what we got. Next up goes a long pole with flags and things when they come back p***** out of there minds they got something to home in on.

WE ALL KNOW THEM DONT WE.
Great, aren't they!

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
From a C&CC perspective - there wouldn't be enough room for two cars. It would be VERY cramped if everyone started bringing two cars along.

I agree with an earlier point though - if you want peace and quiet, keep away from the larger sites. The CL's are the way to go for that.

I also can't believe the snobbery and prejudice that I'm hearing on here! 'Shell suit brigade'.....!! Why shouldn't people wear shell suits? Does wearing one make me the thoughtless person on site? Why shouldn't someone put up their satellite dish?

I totally agree that no one wants noisy neighbours in the middle of the night - but in my experience, they have been a thorough cross-section of society!

Live and let live!

Mac

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
What is even more annoying is when people park their vehicle on what looks to be an empty pitch and then go out for the day not thinking that other people will arrive later in the day looking for pitches. Even more annoying when you have booked the pitch and have to wait for them to return!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts