Onsite TV service

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi folks

We’re on site at present and the wifi is bad, and we can see there’s an option for a coaxial cable to be connected on the same mains power box.

I found a coaxial cable point but it’s for going from the caravan to the awning as an output.

Is there an input from the mains box into the caravan on a challenger Swift caravan? As I’m stuck and can’t find anything :(

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have a look in the battery box , on ours there is a fly lead, which you can connect to coaxial cable to hook up point, then use the satellite connector insdie the van, you may need to invest in some satellite fittings that convert coaxila TV fitting to satellite 2019 Swift

D

Deleted member 23278

The fly-lead in the battery box has an 'F' (satellite) connector the connector on the post looks to be a 'normal' TV aerial connector. On our caravan the external aerial input is only connected to the 'front' TV point satellite output not the TV aerial.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Or read a book, play a board game, do a jigsaw, go for a walk, talk to each other, listen to an audio book, go to the pub?
Lots of alternatives to the tele-box.
Don't be so negative, Saxo has asked for an answer.
The aerial input in our van is in the battery box.

Aug 5, 2023
Visit site
Don't be so negative, Saxo has asked for an answer.
The aerial input in our van is in the battery box.
Is that not just the Sat cable bud?

There is a coaxial cable output on the power box but only a Sat cable input on the caravan?

Do you actually get cables for this or am I wrong and the Sat cable input is only for a Sat dish?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
In my Battery box, separate to the battery, ie EHU plug section, , there are aerial and satellite points.
Coachman 2013 560 VIP.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You need a length of satellite quality co axial cable, available to buy on line, we chose red so we can see ours, you order it with satellite connectors on each end, on one end you screw an adaptor to convert to 'normal' tv socket which is on your hook up. The other end screws onto the satellite cable in your picture, this will give you terrestrial Tv into your caravan,now you need a short co axial satellite cable , you screw one end on to the satellite output next to the TV 240v socket. Then the other end needs another 'normal' adaptor fitted, this then pushes into the back of the TV, Now set your TV to tune in to 'aerial' settings and you should be good to go. Once you have the long lead from the post you can use it either off the post or off a dish if you have one, all you need are the various adaptors. There are several on line satellite supliers that supply everything you need.

Reactions: Saxo Appeal
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
just seen your new post, that is mainly what you need, 5m may be a bit short, you will also need the short one to go from back of TV to satellite point

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Have a look in the battery box , on ours there is a fly lead, which you can connect to coaxial cable to hook up point, then use the satellite connector insdie the van, you may need to invest in some satellite fittings that convert coaxila TV fitting to satellite 2019 Swift
They said wifi is bad so a coaxial cable will probably not help?

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Hi folks

We’re on site at present and the wifi is bad, and we can see there’s an option for a coaxial cable to be connected on the same mains power box.

I found a coaxial cable point but it’s for going from the caravan to the awning as an output.

Is there an input from the mains box into the caravan on a challenger Swift caravan? As I’m stuck and can’t find anything :(

No, it's going from an internal location to an outside location and is a piece of cable with a connector on either end. The internal end will likely be presented next to the aerial amp to which it is connected. To use a signal from the power pillar just disconnect the external cable from the aerial amp and disconnect the cable on the aerial amp that feeds the TV socket inside the van. Connect them together. Plug in your TV in the 'normal' way.
Outside make up a piece of cable - usually about 25m - with the appropriate plugs on either end so that it will plug into the pillar and to the caravan. Plug in, retune your TV and all should work. Note that there may be frequency changes on the site system such that the incoming signal from the pillar may not be on the same channels as you have received off air.
You can buy the necessary connectors and cable from Toolstation or Screwfix considerably cheaper than from a DIY shed. The 'standard' TV connector shown in #11 are known as F-type, that in #13/2 are called Belling-Lee (for which this needs plug to mate with.)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I think the OP needs to make it clear whether it is the TV signal or the wifi that is bad. That way they can get the correct advice. At the moment according to the OP they are been given mostly the incorrect advice.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts