oops, burford, not blackmore

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello, ive just realised ive made a mistake and booked burford cc site and not blackmore cc site. its not aproblem i dont think, but has anyone got an opinion. all we want is a dog walk, good views if possible, and nice little villages, as this will be the first journey to the cotswolds. thankyou

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ed,

As you may know Blackmore is in WorcesterShire and Burford is in Oxfordshire its a question of how far do you want to travel?

Don't know much about Blackmore but Burford now that is nice for starters you've got the Cotswold Wild Life Park right opposite the entrance to the clubsite and there are lots of places to go to from this site Lechlade being one of the places excellent site ,give it a try !All the best .Jimbob

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello jimbob,

we are coming from west yorks so not too bothered about distance, i must have liked it as i booked after reading site details, but i got mixed up with blackmore when it came to booking as i intended to book blackmore on others recommendations, oh well they both begin with "b", im a photographer so i like picturesque things,and as i said not been to the cotswolds before it sounds good to me, i might stick with it, and go to blackmore another time, thanks again ED

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
thanks martin, i notice it says aircraft noise from brize norton, can you get to see the planes from a viewing area do you know, ED

May 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Ed,

Stick with Burford. Nice site, very nice area but I don't know about a viewing point at the base but you can see some amazing planes coming and going.

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
thankyou pat, its turning out better than i thought, we go in a couple of weeks im getting excited already, quite looking forward to bourton-on- the- water. thankyou again ED

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

We have just returned from our first trip there, this last weekend. Very nice site, decent size pitches, dog walk on site. There is a notice in the toilets to say that the grounds around the site belong to the Wildlife Park.

Burford is a few miles away, lovely place, the car park is a right turn about half way down the hill on your right. Lechlade is in the opposite direction, not far away,a lovely place, looked to be a nice pub by the river which does food. We couldn't get parked on a Saturday lunchtime.

We would go back again

Annette

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Ed, sorry but not sure about a viewing area at Brize Norton - not something we looked at when we were there. You do see plenty of plens from the site though.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
ED, i havent been to that site but live about an hour from the cotswolds and spent plenty of time there.

you must visit bourton-on-the-water its a beautiful chocolate box village with lovely shops, pubs and cafe's and a stream running through the village. the bird place is expensive and not that great. moreton in the marsh is also a nice village and so is broadway they have a christamas shop open all year round. stratford is another one its a town with river crusies lots of shops and lots of places to eat.

please let us know how you get on where you visited and what the site was like.

when you off?.

jo

ed1

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
hello jo-anne, thankyou for your comments, do you know what its like for dog friendly places, we have 2 old english sheepdogs, very big very clumsy but very cute, we go in 2 weeks time, cant wait, regards ED

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
ed, bourton would be okay for the dogs it does get busy but not rammed like stratford that does get really busy. moreton and broadway should be okay aswell. obviousley one of you would wait outside the shops i love my dog but sometimes its a bummer when you are the one standing outside the shop all the time.

theres also a huge outdoor market ( wellesbourne market) on a saturday in an airfield in a place called wellesbourne. i dont know how far its from your site but its not that far from stratford.

jo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HI Jo-anne,

We've just had a weekend at the club-site at Notgrove near Bourton-onthe Water.

We found as you did that it was a very nice place to go to,BUT I have to disagree with you over the bird (Birdworld) gardens we found them not to be expensive at all but very interesting especially the Penguins where the keeper of the penguins gave everyone an intereting insite to penguin behaviour.The rest of the birds were very interesting and well worth the admission charge. 6 quid to go in thats not bad.Being an ex-Stratford resident I have found it to be very expensive especially the caravan parks.Jimbob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts