Open Invite

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 4, 2005
Visit site
That is exactly my point. After all how anti swingers would actually wish to attend a swinging party in order to see the other persons differing views and make an objective decision? Very few would want to I suspect.
Melvyn, the difference that I can see is that those who did not agree with you choice of pastime simply said it wasn't for them and left it at that .Nobody tried to talk you out of it using facts, be they true or not, or resorted to abuse....."Each to their own" I say...or I suppose in your case "your own AND someone else's"......Brian (",)

Oct 4, 2005
Visit site
Melvyn, the difference that I can see is that those who did not agree with you choice of pastime simply said it wasn't for them and left it at that .Nobody tried to talk you out of it using facts, be they true or not, or resorted to abuse....."Each to their own" I say...or I suppose in your case "your own AND someone else's"......Brian (",)
The names Mervyn.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
sorry Mervyn, swopped an l for the r by mistake..

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I kill donkeys for fun and drink the blood, it's not as bad as you think. Come with me and have a really fun time, I bet you'll be coverted once you've tried it.

(for a certain person, this is called irony and I don't really kill donkeys).

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Irony? no. thats sensationalism!

Comparing something YOU do not agree with to something that is blatant murder of an Innocent animal is beyond beleif. Why not just compare it with killing babies and have done with it?

Your into mountain biking? well your in for a bit of a supprise. Read the walkers forums and you will find a growing number of their users calling for the ability for people to use bikes on pathways not denoted as cycle routes to be removed. It will come. then once that is done they will claim that the cycle route is too extensive and claim that bikes do damage to the pathways in certain areas and they will campain to remove that right.

And lets face it shell we? Bikes are bloody dangerous on a path where other vehicals are not allowed. YOU COULD KILL A CHILD. NOW THATS IRONY!!

May 4, 2005
Visit site

Comparing something YOU do not agree with to something that is blatant murder of an Innocent animal is beyond beleif. Why not just compare it with killing babies and have done with it?

Your into mountain biking? well your in for a bit of a supprise. Read the walkers forums and you will find a growing number of their users calling for the ability for people to use bikes on pathways not denoted as cycle routes to be removed. It will come. then once that is done they will claim that the cycle route is too extensive and claim that bikes do damage to the pathways in certain areas and they will campain to remove that right.

And lets face it shell we? Bikes are bloody dangerous on a path where other vehicals are not allowed. YOU COULD KILL A CHILD. NOW THATS IRONY!!
No, thats a fact!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I use the bike off road, this means not on walk paths but on cycle paths as designated by the forestry commision.

I don't think comparing driving a dangerous car near pedestians and killing inocent animals is that different.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't need to try something I don't like to justify my opinion - if people wish to go off-roading, legally, that's their choice. I'll even defend their right to that choice.

Only a minority of 4x4's are used off-road, legally. The majority never go off-road (I don't count a grass caravan pitch as off-road) while a small minority go off-road, illegally, damaging the countryside.

The legitimate need of a small number of genuine off-roaders can't be used to defend the use of 4x4's for other purposes.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Considering you posted your comment, AFTER I responded to inform that I don't bike near pedestrians. You look more than a little bit daft.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Dangerous? Sorry can't see that. Mine is fitted with ABS, Airbags, ACE (cornering stability) large windows for viewing.

Oh and I drive the Disco on BOAT's. thats Byways Open to All Traffic as denoted by the Government, local authorities and as maintained by the same and the forestry commission.

As for your sencond comment, Do I take it thats you are asking for tha banning of paths near roads? Must be as ALL cars are dangerous.

Also, as a note, its time to ban all Push bikes in caravan sites as a quick search will show that they are the highest cause of accidents on sites.

Oh and one more thing, those cycle paths that you use, they are created and maintained by the forestry commission using good old 4x4's!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't really want to go through the whole issue of showing the facts again as to why 4x4 cars are dangerous. Look through previous postings.

I agree with you about bikes on campsites and that's why I never take them.

The foresty commision use 4x4s as they are the right vehicle for the purpose. Not as a fashion statement at other peoples expense.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
I don't need to try something I don't like to justify my opinion - if people wish to go off-roading, legally, that's their choice. I'll even defend their right to that choice.

Only a minority of 4x4's are used off-road, legally. The majority never go off-road (I don't count a grass caravan pitch as off-road) while a small minority go off-road, illegally, damaging the countryside.

The legitimate need of a small number of genuine off-roaders can't be used to defend the use of 4x4's for other purposes.
very valid points, but it does bring us back to the old argument of cars that do over 70mph. Should only people who race be allowed to own them? they are bloody dangerous at high speed and use LOADS of fuel.

The legitimate need of a small number of genuine racers can't be used to defend the use of cars that can do more than 70mph for other purposes.

Also a small number of bike riders who use their bikes off road cannot be used to defend the use of these on public paths where people walk.

The same argument can be used for a lot of things. Are you willing to remove evryones choice so that all cars, bikes, wheelchairs, TV's are all the same? All designed to be the best in every situation? If so, then a quick think about it would make a 4x4 the only real choice for any caravaner as it provides the safest weight ratios's and less damage to grass pitches.

I am not arguing for me to use a 4x4, I have a realy good reason for mine! What I am argueing for is the right for people to choose. I choose to see the countryside. Simple to me!

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Pete but I have read the previous posts. Only a few are from legitimate non "biased" organisations and they provide no real proof that all 4x4's are bad.

All the rest of the anti posts are from a site that is being investigated for abuse and harassment.

So, a mother with 4 kids and a caravan and a removable towbar does not have the right to take her kids to school in her car? she has to buy a smaller car jsut for that? Again you presume they do not have a valid reason! Also, what is the other persons expense? I drive a 4x4 so why would that cost you money?

May 4, 2005
Visit site

Since when has 10.37 been after 10.42 or is this some sort of 'anti time'?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Should I drive a Range Rover/Discovery, or whatever?

I pull heavy trailers (not just a caravan).

I drive on unsurfaced rights of way.

I Marshal and drive at offroad events.

I help to raise money for charity (as a club we raised almost

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Dean, you nasty nasty man!!

NO_ NOT AT ALL. I DON'T WANT YOU TO, SO WHY SHOULD YOU!!!

NO, YOU SHOULD GET A REMOVAL COMPANY WITH A 9L LORRY TO DO THAT FOR YOU, SOD THE COST

YOU DEVIL. THATS COUNTRYSIDE THAT IS. ITS FOR ME AND MY MATES ON OUR BIKES AND FEET ONLY... KEEP OUT

IF YOU DID NOT MARSHEL, THEY WOULD NOT HAPPEN. EASY FIX

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site

NO, YOU SHOULD GET A REMOVAL COMPANY WITH A 9L LORRY TO DO THAT FOR YOU, SOD THE COST

YOU DEVIL. THATS COUNTRYSIDE THAT IS. ITS FOR ME AND MY MATES ON OUR BIKES AND FEET ONLY... KEEP OUT

May 4, 2005
Visit site

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

I (and my team) drive a couple of 4 x 4's in pursuit of my business. For those who did not follow the 'what do you do for a living' thread I run a firework display company. I have to carry a lot of equipment generally over fields, down unmade tracks etc. After destroying the countryside with my driving habits I then let of display size fireworks and probably annoy more animal lover/tree huggers. I often get people challenge me on what I do for a living, it goes with the job. To put things into perspective though the other Saturday I did a very large display for some VE day celebrations. When setting up I was challenged by a pair of ramblers and three lots of dog walkers. Later that day when I fired the display there were an estimated two to two and a half thousand people watching the display.

My point is with any aspect of modern living there is always a minority that constantly moan, they are far outweighed by people that accept your chosen pastime our really don't care.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
But the 4x4 users are defending not moaning.

And most people who have to drive off road during work or play would never use the phrase "After destroying the countryside with my driving habits" as this is against what they believe to be acceptable behavior.

If the Anti's on here stopped attacking people for having free choice the debate would end.

Also, this thread started as a way to give people a chance to discuss this together with the experience being given to all, thus making their opinion truly valid. Why is that so hard to accept?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The anti's as a minority are different in that they feel they have a right to have a go - even when what we are doing is perfectly legal. Classic example on the farm where we kept our horse when it was alive. The farmer who owns the land was stopped by Ramblers (on his own land!) and told that he was not allowed to drive his Defender in the countryside!

Not even when it was explained to them what he was doing - checking fences - did that satisfy!

So these guys thought they had the right to wander over peoples property (they were NOT on the footpath) then tell the owner what he can do on his own land.

Beggers belief does it not.

I believe that by taking such an unreasonable stance most sensible people will come down on the side of sanity. The more ranting and untruths from the Anti's the better from my viewpoint!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts