Outside door light wiring.

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
In looking into why my outside door light,dosent work,and also my front ceiling lights.Going by the fusebox they both work off the same fuse.

On taking the cover off the outside light,none of the wires are connected. I gather there is a loop in ,loop out to the ceiling front lights.Hence them being out also.

Visible wires in the outside light are two white/orange wires joined together on a spade connecter.

One black wire,and a faded looking red wire.

Could the two joined wires be loop in and out lives??
Could the black be a neutral??
What would that make the red.
Iv just bought a meter,but wont be able to visit the caravan for a couple of days.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I would advise extreme caution here. Somebody has obviously disconnected those wires and I guess it wasnt for fun. Suspicion tells me that you have a fault somewhere in the wiring, and the awning/ceiling light circuit has HAD to be disconnected.

Be very very careful and consider using a skilled electrician.

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
Thingy said:
I would advise extreme caution here. Somebody has obviously disconnected those wires and I guess it wasnt for fun. Suspicion tells me that you have a fault somewhere in the wiring, and the awning/ceiling light circuit has HAD to be disconnected.

Be very very careful and consider using a skilled electrician.
Thank you for the advice,i will see what readings i get with the meter,on the wiring.If im still flumoxed i will have to find a caravan electrician.

Jun 15, 2018
Visit site
With a bit of searching on the net,i have found a wiring diagram for the caravan.
It shows the pink(faded red) is LIVE.
The white/orange is Neutral

Which just leaves the black wire.
As the light unit looks quite new,im thinking the black may have been a switchline for a original fitting.That maybe not be needed anymore as this fitting is switched on the neutral side.

The front internal roof lights are on the same circuit,which i presume are looped in and out.
Any ideas regarding the black wire.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts