Overnight at caen

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
We dock in Caen at 9.30pm, is there anywhere we can get a nights sleep to at the dock, or is their a site close by which takes outfits late. I understand that Château de Martragny takes outfis late and pitch up alonge the long drive, does anybody know if this is right??

Kev

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
We always park in the carpark just outside the port gates. Unless its July 14th there is always plenty of space. Alternatively, there is a campsite about 1 mile outside of town (on the right) but I can't recall the name or the opening times.

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
We do the same run every August and arrive at 9.30 in Caen. We head for Chateau Martrangny and park on drive. It is quite dark when you arrive so make sure you have torches to hand. Just pick a pitch close to electric point. There is usually plenty of room for you to drive onto one pitch, turn around and drive back out of the other to park up either straight or sideways. You should also have room to leave van hitched up if you wish. Check in to pay the following morning.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Thank you both for your replys, think we will head for chateau Martrangny as we want to stop there a few days, just wanted to check if you could stop late on the drive as I thought.

Kev

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts