Owners Manual

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have been reading through the Owners Manual supplied with my 2004 Bailey purchased in May. There are many mistakes.

EG.Page 3-6 bottom line 'Propane and Butane regulators are not interchanable'. Page 3-7 line 5/6 'and is suitable for both propane and Butane' I hope they have taken more care producing the van than they have with the manual.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You do need a different regulator for butane and propane. They are not interchangeable. However your equipment in the caravan will run on both butane and propane, its just a case of changing the regulator each time you change from one gas type to another. Hope that clears it up for you.

Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello Lol. Your Bailey has a fixed bulkhead mounted regulator (as have all UK 2004 vans). It is designed to use either Propane or Butane as is all of your fitted gas appliances.All you need to do is swap the pipes from the reg to the gas bottle(different pipes for different gasses).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Butane and Propane regulators are not interchangable, they operate at 26 and 36mbar respectively. the appliances are all ok on either gas. It looks as if Bailey may be right.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
let me put you right.

as from 2004 gas reg have to be supplied with the caravan new caravans have 1 reg that runs on 30mbar (eu rules and all jet sizes have changed to suit) all you have to do is change to pig tails to suit butane or propane. you can even get a pig tail to suit continental bottles and camping gas if you wish. on the senator range the caravAN comes with a automatic change over that is propane only and is a higher spec for the senator range but most owners that caravan in europe don't like this as it won't take camping gas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts