Paralell import what are the bad points?

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
I have been looking to change my Ford Mondeo ghia X 130 bhp disel. I am intrested in a Kia Sorento xe from Motorpoint Glasgow.The vehicle is brand new and has lots of kit the only min system wthing it doesnt have is sat nav and currently I havs a Garmen system.The car is some £3000 cheaper than a u.k.model.Are there any down side to purchasing this vehicle?

Mar 2, 2006
Visit site
gilbert,

I thought along the same lines earlier this year thought about the x trail from motorpoint then decided to upgrade my mondeo hatch for an estate it is cavernous and I love it

I got a 6month old mondeo ghia 130 with 4500 miles on the clock from ford direct better economy and cheaper tax

being a mondeo owner already you will know how it performs

just my opinion

will

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
A freind has an imported honda CRV which he did save some money on but has had problems with insurance, the resale value is lower, his feeling is that it wasn't worth it.

We looked at motorpoint for our s-max but got a local dealer to within

Aug 30, 2007
Visit site
Actually there are insurance brokers who are very competitive with imported vehicles in fact some vehicles that make good tow vehicles such as the Toyota Surf are only available as imports and you see loads of them about.

I would question why you would want to buy an import of a vehicle that is already made available in the UK as a "UK car". There will be subtle differences which can prove expensive.

However, with the

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
There is a difference between foreign made cars that are imported through registered UK importers which we see in most dealerships and grey imports.

I have never bought a grey imported car but have bought several motorbikes over the years.

Things to watch out for are some insurance companies won't insure, no manufacturers warranty, kilometre speedo and some minor differences in fixtures and fittings.

I think that the Pajero was unique in the fact that hundreds that arrived here were actually stolen cars from Japan !

Bill

Aug 30, 2007
Visit site
A friend has a Surf that came with full service history albeit in Japanese. Once the radio had been retuned or whatever they have to do this thing is a great car.

No problem insuring it.

No problem as yet servicing it

And apparently spares either direct from Japan or imported from Australia are inexpensive because of the strength of the

Jul 25, 2007
Visit site
Once you have sorted out whether the vehicle is a Parallel or Grey import the main issue is to confirm 100% that it is from an EEC country so that it has a full EEC warranty.

If you have this then any main dealer (for the relevant make) has to honour that warranty.

I have known friends buy Grey import motorcycles from non-EEC countries and come unstuck when trying to have warranty work done.

Steve

May 5, 2005
Visit site
A friend has a Surf that came with full service history albeit in Japanese. Once the radio had been retuned or whatever they have to do this thing is a great car.

No problem insuring it.

No problem as yet servicing it

And apparently spares either direct from Japan or imported from Australia are inexpensive because of the strength of the

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts