Paris campsites

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
We are visiting Paris in late July and want a site close to the city with good bus/train routes to the city centre.

Any suggestions ladies and gents??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi The Saint

My advice would be don't go too far into Paris towing, in fact even driving solo is not good for the stress level IMHO. A site used by many in Des Quatre Vents which about 10 minutes from Eurodisney where there is a station which has excellent links with central Paris (45 mins by train.) There have been lots of previous posts on this site on QV campsite. It is in a rural location and a pleasant reasonably well-equipped site - we liked it a lot.

Regards

Tim

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
I agree totally with Tim. We stayed at Quatre Des 4 Vents and went into Paris by train. Having seen the traffic I would not even consider driving in even solo.

Oct 2, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the replies,I'll look up these two sites.

We weren't thinking of driving into Paris, although I've driven cars and coaches many times through the city.

This time we want to relax!

Jan 30, 2007
Visit site
Have a look at this site www.camping-jablines.com. We stayed at this site in October used camping cheques, it is a lovely site, in a country park area. The Site managers are very helpful, Euro Disney is not far and the station is there to get in to Paris. It is also Dover/Dunkirk side of Paris so you do not have to worry about getting round Paris. Have also stayed at Des Quatre Vents, I think the pitches are better at Des Quatre Vents but the facilities in the country park and peacefull suroundings might match that. We were also able to stay outside the campsite if we wanted an early start.

MAM

Aug 16, 2006
Visit site
We stayed at 4 Vents last year - and we're booked in again this April. The drive to Disney is 30 minutes but then you need to queue at the car park and allow 10 minutes to walk from the car park to the station. And don't forget the 8 euro parking charge.

I can't fault the campsite but there must be a better route into Paris. We drove in last year and as it was a Sunday, parking was free and available. We parked at the end of the lawns next to the Eiffel Tower. As as for the driving - it's all part of the fun.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts