park coppice or lowther park penrith

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Brian,

I haven`t been to Lowther park but Park Coppice on the edge of Coniston Water is a nice Caravan Club site, the pitches tend to be in clusters it doesn`t feel like a big site, it has direct access to the water with nice flat walks, for the more adventurouse there is Coniston Old Man and the surrounding fells,for the insane (sorry climbers) there are Dow Crags, its difficult to say good or bad, it depends what you want, there are plenty of good eateries within easy driving distance, Coniston town is an easy walk, with a couple of good pubs when you get there,the Wilson arms at Torver is recomended. there aren`t any theme parks but Muncaster Castle house, gardens and Owl sanctuary and the Laa`l Ratty (8miles of minature railway) at Ravenglass on the coast are well worth a visit. the Sellafeid visitors centre is also interesting. I could waffle on but don`t want to bore you, Its a great place to explore.

good luck Tony A.

Mar 28, 2006
Visit site
Brian,

I haven`t been to Lowther park but Park Coppice on the edge of Coniston Water is a nice Caravan Club site, the pitches tend to be in clusters it doesn`t feel like a big site, it has direct access to the water with nice flat walks, for the more adventurouse there is Coniston Old Man and the surrounding fells,for the insane (sorry climbers) there are Dow Crags, its difficult to say good or bad, it depends what you want, there are plenty of good eateries within easy driving distance, Coniston town is an easy walk, with a couple of good pubs when you get there,the Wilson arms at Torver is recomended. there aren`t any theme parks but Muncaster Castle house, gardens and Owl sanctuary and the Laa`l Ratty (8miles of minature railway) at Ravenglass on the coast are well worth a visit. the Sellafeid visitors centre is also interesting. I could waffle on but don`t want to bore you, Its a great place to explore.

good luck Tony A.
cheers for the prompt reply ,sounds just what we need ; booked earlier this evening . thanx once again, brian

Dec 2, 2005
Visit site
brian, has it got to be either of them 2 sites? because as Tony A says there is so much to see on the west coast of cumbria, you have the sea on one side and the lake district on the other, the laal ratty is an eye opener, and there is a c&cc site at ravenglass that me and Tony A can recommend and its only a 100yd walk to the ratty train station,the ratty arms pub do an excellent meal and always have real ale on tap, eskdale(where the ratty takes you to) is a real gem, the proper lake district, as we locals call it, not like windermere or keswick, you might as well go to blackpool. try and spot a cumbrian in windermere? it just doesn't happen, we don't go there, we go to the eskdale valley, the duddon valley, ennerdale, i could go on all night, have you got to go to a commercial site brian? or could you manage on a cl, if so myself or Tony A could give you a few recommendations. hope this helps brian.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts