park resorts on the isle of white

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Despite the claims of some posters on the forum who seem to hate park resorts we have had some fantastic times at theire sites around the country in particular on the isle of white.

this year we have all seen the cost of sites shooting up to unbelievable levels and in high season park resorts are like all the other large operators and charge ridiculous sums to stay on the site however i have looked at going back to thorness bay again this year and yes before the critics start i know the site is regarded by you as poor and i agree with you that it is not a pleasant place in high season but in low season when the sun newspaper cheap holiday thugs have gone its quite a quiet and relaxing place to stay so i looked at the site for 2 weeks from the beginning of october and was really shocked to see that all they wanted was £104 including electric and to top it off when i rang to confirm and ask about ferry costs i was even more surprised to find that becouse i was staying for 2 weeks the price of the ferry was included in the £104.

Ive been on whitlinks web site and they want more than £104 just for the ferry fare with the car and van so i have to congratulate park resorts for giving such a good deal in the present economic climate.

If you have some spare time in the late season then it may just pay to have a look at park resorts.

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi

We've used Park Resorts for three years now (on the IOW) and although they're not the last word in peace and serenity, they are excellent for our two year old princess.

As for prices - get this. We've booked for ten days beginning next week. The first week (considered to be mid-season) will cost us

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As far as Park Resorts go on the Island, Thorness is now becoming a very good site.

I have critisised it in the past, which it rightly deserved, BUT, things have changed.

They have built a new facilities block, which is very good, some niggles like water from showers not actually draining the right way, but that is going to be sorted out.

There are new Wardens, Steve and Angie, who are the very best and make certain that everything is kept in good order.

The management have taken on board a lot of suggestions and only this week had a team in putting more drainage through the site to stop it flooding when it rains.

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Really interested to read this post. We holidayed in the IOW last year in a static on a Country Park before we took the plunge and bought our tourer. All 5 of us thoroughly enjoyed it and our kids keep asking to go back so we'll definitely consider Thorness Bay. The price you've got for your 2 weeks is superb Icemaker. Just for our car last year it cost us

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
is there a limit on caravan length on the iow ferries, will we get it free if we book for 2 weeks with park resorts
Ann, I think the ferries are about 180 feet long, as long as your van is not longer, it will fit!!

With the deals the sites are offering I do not think there is a limit, but worth a phone call to check.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
for gods sake tigger this is a caravanning forum not the national examination boards site, try relaxing and not critising, i like many others sometimes make spelling mistakes but who cares as long as the message gets across.

Brian the site as has been stated above has changed a lot, not that i have ever had a problem since i never go in high season but the changes i saw last year where very worthwile and at

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts