Passport renewal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
OH needed her passport renewed as it had expired so did the application Online no issue. After the application is completed you are asked to send the old passport back to the Passport office which we did yesterday.
It was sent "Signed for delivery" so this morning I checked to see if it had arrived safely. I was a bit taken back to see the signature which was mainly a large X scrawled by someone. In the old days this indicated that you could not write. Sign of the times? LOL! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Signature.jpg

Reactions: Jcloughie
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The picture typifies the problem I commented on just a week or so ago. I totally object to the signature requirement on a tablet, as I find it does not look anything like my official signature.

All too often they ask for a signature without a pen or even a stylus to hold, and that changes the character of a signature. I'm certain it's the reduced resistance as there is no paper to deform which helps to characterise a signature.

I had to go to the opticians about a week ago, and they wanted my signature and offered a tablet, I flatly refused, and asked for a paper document, the assistant said they don't have paper anymore, and offered to sign it for me. I commented that she can do what she likes, but it's not my signature!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
OH needed her passport renewed as it had expired so did the application Online no issue. After the application is completed you are asked to send the old passport back to the Passport office which we did yesterday.
It was sent "Signed for delivery" so this morning I checked to see if it had arrived safely. I was a bit taken back to see the signature which was mainly a large X scrawled by someone. In the old days this indicated that you could not write. Sign of the times? LOL! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1964
Out of interest did you get your old passport returned with the corner cut off. I’ve got all of my old passports which I sometimes flip through to see the entry stamps and visas. Memories I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts