peugeot 307sw

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Hi , I hope someone can give me some adivce. I am wanting to buy a caravan, my husband says he doesn't so I thought we would hire one for a long weekend and see what happened.

we have a 307sw 1.6 110bhp peugeot and I would like to know what we can tow!

we don't even have a tow bar on it yet! so any advise on this would also be helpful the dealer price fitted is £636 which I thought was a little steep, but I have no idea.

Thanks

Tracy

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
We had a 307 sw 110 hdi 05 reg. we bought our 1st van an avondale dart 556/6 hitched it to the peugeot and had a massive shock as it bottomed the rear suspension out so we had to change the car.The towbar was about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I tow a pop top caravan (850kg max) with a 307SW HDi 110. We bowl along at a comfortable speed, but the performance isn't stunning - although we don't cause traffic jams. I wouldn't be comfortable towing at the limit with this car though. You should be alright with a small light van - I wouldn't go above 1,100kg personally, and I definitely wouldn't do Wales/Lakes/Devon/Highlands etc with that sort of weight on the back. You'd be OK in Norfolk ...

We paid

Aug 27, 2006
Visit site
i think the max towball weight on these cars is 65 correct me if im wrong.
Our 307SW 2litre 110bhp had a towbar limit of 65kg as does our replacement 407SW. I bought a towball weight gauge to assist in getting the weight distribution right. It has proved very useful to help stick to this relatively light limit.

We used the 307SW to tow our Bailey Ranger 500/5 for a season. It did the job, but was at the limit of the 85% recommended match. Not sure how the torque output of the older 2litre 110bhp compares to the newer 1.6litre. If its similar then I would recommend a Ranger. It is one of the lighter tourers, but still has decent spec and build.

TRENDING THREADS