Phoenix 240

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
I bought the Bailey Phoenix 24o on the 17th of May 21 the first time I'm out all the screws in one of the hinges of the cupboard fell apart the laminate edging around the sink area is peeling off and now today day the 12th of June 21 the sinkholes has fell out of the hand basin in the shower room so only having it for 4 weeks and three things have already happened I have emailed both lady Bailey where I bought it from and also Bailey of Bristol now waiting for their reply. Not a happy bunny first time caravaner.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’m not surprised that you are unhappy. Only a few days back someone on the Forum was advised by their Bailey dealer that current production had problems and they should wait until September before ordering. By then worker training should have been completed and production settled down. Lady Bailey have a good reputation and are a large Bailey dealership. Hopefully they can sort it out. But it’s extremely disappointing when a large outlay such as a caravan comes with what are such basic quality drop offs.

And welcome to the Forum too.

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I'd be questioning whether the PDI was carried out properly, if at all.
Have the wheels been balanced?
You'd think that if the factory are churning out vans like this the dealer would be even more diligent than usual to avoid the comebacks.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
You have made Lady Bailey aware of the issues within the 30 day window of delivery so you are entitled to a full refund under CRA 2015 if you use that option.
However remember that until the repairs are done to your satisfaction the 30 day window is suspended.
Good question regarding PDI.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the world of caravans where quality is a word that turns up in the brochure but not in the product. The dealer has a good reputation so should fix it promptly but do remind them of their obligations under the Consumer Protection Act. You may be over the 30 days limit on just demanding your money back but they still have only one opportunity to correct the faults or you can still do this.
The man with a new Bailey next to me in the storage has a new model from them and he has had a fair amount of trouble. He loves the caravan though so will just get the work needed done.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts