Picasso 1-6 hdi 110

Jan 5, 2007
Visit site
Having just been broken down in my new picasso with an avondale caravan in tow with 2000 miles on the clock with turbo failure I am interested in talking to the Gentleman who drives one in your magazine. Last week it cost me £300 in b and b and £110 in car hire costs having continued on hol with the car and van towed back as no one would help over the xmas break. The dealer who has the car says there is nothing at fault and the car is back with me though there was a def turbo fault on the AAs computer but as they have a different system it wipes out cars memory. Im interested to know what I should do as we both spent 2 hrs on M21 waiting for a friend to collect us and Citroen dont seem to be at all bothered. We now believe that the turbo will again fail under load but the cover given is a 2 day car hire with a £500 excess. I am keen to adress readers about this lack of care and to point out that the picasso featured in the magazine is not a true reflection of Citroens product. Having spoken to a french source they have had problems with the turbos whilst under load conditions though they will not admit this as they cost some £600 to replace, Neil

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
hi neil sorry to hear of your trouble.did this fault cause the engine to cut out?was it a mechanical or just sensor fault?what surprise,s me though is the current trend of using smaller engines and trying to achieve larger outputs from them.it has to put more strain on things like turbos,headgaskits,pistons etc.what used to be 90hp from 2ltr,is now 90hp from 1.4diesels.it cant really be good can it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts