Picture of Latest Advert

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Whilst I was of two minds whether or not to leave the topic, following MacHighlanders posting of the very distasteful picture I have binned the whole topic.

I give fair warning that ANY other posts made in that vein and seemingly posted to provoke reaction will be deleted and the poster will have their access withdrawn.

I am totally fed up with posts from certain individuals who think it funny or clever to post contentious subjects.

If you want to post such rubbish, go to another forum and have your perverse pleasure there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Damian, did I miss something here? I thought the post was funny, and when I looked at the Magazine cover, MacH was right! It did look like a seal.

Was there another picture?

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I am sure Damian will answer himself but there was a second distasteful picture provoking posts (including one from myself).

Having been entertained by many of Machighlanders post I was sadly surprised to see him post like this.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Emmerson, yes you did miss something which was in the most depraved taste and will not be allowed on this forum.

I do not think pictures of seal cubs about to be slaughtered is appropriate on any forum , but on a family forum it is inexcusable.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Damian

I have no comment on the Mac H issue but....

There is certainly ambiguity in the photo on the PC Mag. In fact even with my reading glasses I'm blowed if I can see the kids patting down a sand castle!

Optical illusions do happen. This is one of them.

Cheers

Dustydog

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
How on earth anybody could associate two children playing sandcastles on the beach, with the disgusting slaughter of seal pups is beyond me!

I posted my disgust at this ridiculous remark, and am glad the the thread has been removed - it has no place on this forum!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The picture shown in the advert on this forum page is slightly fuzzy whereas on the actual magazine cover it's obvious that the picture is of two small boys playing happily together making a sandcastle.

The name of this forum provides the clue.

Forum member who submit images, jokes etc should consider whether or not their post or image would appear in Practical Caravan Magazine.

If the answer is no or if there is any doubt perhaps they would do better not to submit it in the first place.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Maybe if a photo was posted of a seal about to be slaughtered and it was done for a reaction the sad fact is, in the real world, this sickly event happens, mainly in Canada.

By trying to hide the fact doesn't help the seals. This practice needs highlighting worldwide in all walks of life, even schools where some think delicate eyes should be shielded.

These kids are the future politicians and hopefully they can help save the said seals in the future, something our generation is failing miserably to do.

I could add the slaughter of dolphins by Denmark along with whales, porpoises and dolphins by Norway and Japan.

Totally sick.

Wrong to post a pic though just to get people going, especially on such an emotive subject.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Fair point Lord B.

Why don't we go the whole hog and allow pictures of starving children, victims of genocide or video links from Al Jazeera with footage of our troops being blown up or hostages being beheaded while were at it?

This is a caravan forum, there are thousands of internet platforms for the discussion and images of the harsher realities but the fact is that if a post or an image is not suitable for publication in Practical Caravan Magazine then the chances are that it won't remain on the Practical Caravan forum.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The above came out harsher than it was intended to be now that I've read it through.

All that I'm trying to say really is that when images are posted to 'provoke a reaction' mods have to act if the reaction is likely to be negative from some of our members.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
The point I was trying to make Parksy was it's no good trying to treat the members of the forum as children by shielding them from such images. Photos of seal pups being slaughtered by ice picks are shown in newspapers, magazines, television news and even on envelopes coming through letterboxes from charities, as does starving children.

I have yet to see images of soldiers being blown up and I'm afraid I don't want to and neither would they be allowed in any of the above media.

Regarding whether the pic should have been posted in the first place, I've already answered that with my last sentence in my post above.

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I give fair warning that ANY other posts made in that vein and seemingly posted to provoke reaction will be deleted and the poster will have their access withdrawn.

I am totally fed up with posts from certain individuals who think it funny or clever to post contentious subjects.

If you want to post such rubbish, go to another forum and have your perverse pleasure there.

wow, what a reply, shoot from the hip parksy.

i would like to point out that it was never my intention to provoke reaction in a contentious manner, i posted the pic to show what i was referring to, however, it did not show in any way a seal cub being beaten or clubbed to death, there were no images of blood or guts in that picture.

i read this early on today and was going to reply, but then i thought there was no point in doing so, someone has taken offence wrongly here and it has snowballed into this.

i can see where you are coming from with posts made on the forum being compatible with what would be printed in the magazine, totally agree with you on that, but i hadn't looked at it this way before.

however, for you to once again get personal with me on the same open forums is a bit of a double take here, practice what you preach buddy, you have my email to fall back on without being so patronising in the open forum.

as a moderator you can reply with whatever suits you, then when need be can use the threat of denying access.

fair is fair parksy, i provoked no-one, not deliberately, but some have taken it that way and thats the way some things come about.

so, no apologies given, i meant no harm to anyone.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site

wow, what a reply, shoot from the hip parksy.

i would like to point out that it was never my intention to provoke reaction in a contentious manner, i posted the pic to show what i was referring to, however, it did not show in any way a seal cub being beaten or clubbed to death, there were no images of blood or guts in that picture.

i read this early on today and was going to reply, but then i thought there was no point in doing so, someone has taken offence wrongly here and it has snowballed into this.

i can see where you are coming from with posts made on the forum being compatible with what would be printed in the magazine, totally agree with you on that, but i hadn't looked at it this way before.

however, for you to once again get personal with me on the same open forums is a bit of a double take here, practice what you preach buddy, you have my email to fall back on without being so patronising in the open forum.

as a moderator you can reply with whatever suits you, then when need be can use the threat of denying access.

fair is fair parksy, i provoked no-one, not deliberately, but some have taken it that way and thats the way some things come about.

so, no apologies given, i meant no harm to anyone.
Oops, scroll to the top of the page MacH to see who posted your quotes :O(

Now blushes for MacH and takes him to the corner with me.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Naaaarh..

What I thought was that those kids had dug up the lost goat and that their plastic shovels were impaled on its horns!

Then I checked on the actual magazine cover and they were indeed just making sandcastles.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Nice one gafferbill, a funny start to the day.

The truth is , Mr & Mrs Mac H are in the background with the Bairns in the foreground burying the Fireblade.

Cheers

Dustydog.

TRENDING THREADS