Pigeons

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Just come back from a week away; daughter and grandkids in a tent and us in the van. Had a great time, even if it was a bit full with the two littlest ones at times. Older brother a bit easier.
However every morning at around 5 am, a load of pigeons landed on our roof and proceeded to tap dance, followed by the Can Can and then the full on Tiller Girls routine. All accompanied by much flapping and rushing about. Pigeons are so noisy. They positively squeak as they fly. Never had this much raucous before. Yes the occasional bird tapping about, but this was beyond sensible. Anyone else had this. Any good ideas for a deterrent?
mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just come back from a week away; daughter and grandkids in a tent and us in the van. Had a great time, even if it was a bit full with the two littlest ones at times. Older brother a bit easier.
However every morning at around 5 am, a load of pigeons landed on our roof and proceeded to tap dance, followed by the Can Can and then the full on Tiller Girls routine. All accompanied by much flapping and rushing about. Pigeons are so noisy. They positively squeak as they fly. Never had this much raucous before. Yes the occasional bird tapping about, but this was beyond sensible. Anyone else had this. Any good ideas for a deterrent?
mel
Had it in Norfolk but couldn’t think of anything that would prevent it as there wasn’t any feeding going on. A 12 bore perhaps wielded around sunset.

At home my wife is keen to leave the en suite window open at night. However if I get up during the night the window gets closed as the din f try on the birds wakes me up, and if I were to wear ear plugs I would not hear the dogs morning greeting at any time after 0600, if I’m that lucky.

PS you could try playing a Sparrow hawk call from your mobile phone But that could be as annoying as the pigeons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mel
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Although not tap dancing pigeons, the last three times away we have been woken by the darn things coooing, Im convinced its the same ones following us around from site to site:rolleyes:
you have my sympathy.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
mel
Hi Mel we had some at York and very noisy you have my sympathy but pleased it did not spoil your break

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks but I am not convinced that any self respecting tap dancing pigeon is going to be fooled.
Chucking bread on the roof of the neighbouring caravans is a better option.
mel
Did you check your roof in case a neighbour had done it to you? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 22, 2018
Visit site
I bought a 6m flag pole and a wind sock recently for this very thing. It does seem to keep the majority of them off but the more persistent ones come back occasionally.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Generally I have found it is seagulls. Their webbed feet do make a different sound that is equally annoying, although less likely to scratch the paintwork.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Did you know that the cooing one says. “ My toe bleeds Betty”.
Once you have heard it, you cannot unhear it.
A friend cursed me with this knowledge many years ago….I am passing it on.😈
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Did you know that the cooing one says. “ My toe bleeds Betty”.
Once you have heard it, you cannot unhear it.
A friend cursed me with this knowledge many years ago….I am passing it on.😈
Mel
Thats like the song of the Common Hawk Cuckoo, or the Brain Fever bird. Its song is remarkably like "Brain Fever" but it just goes on a and on getting more and more intense like someone with delirium. Something to perhaps look forward to as Climate Change brings them here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts