Pitching off pitch?

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Arrived yesterday at a small 20 site private park. Hardstandings with joint electric bollards. All was well till we noticed that both connections on our electric bollard were being used. One of the cables ran across the road onto a central grassed area where someone had pitched off pitch to be close to their friends. When going to the farmhouse to pay our fee we were told they are all part of a rally. In the event, our electric lead was long enough to stretch to another point quite a distance away. If this had not been the case what is the common practice, would you ask the user to unplug to accommodate your own electric pitch?

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
I would expect to be able to plug into the bollard at my pitch normally. And if my cable could not reach an alternative one I would expect the site owner to deal with the problem.

If all the hardstandings had been in use, were there any spare bollards where people pitching on the grass could plug in?

Running a cable over a road is not ideal.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Jennifer. I wouldn't hesitate to inform the owner and get him to resolve the problem which was not of your making.

Jan 28, 2009
Visit site
We had a similar problem on a CC site recently, being new I asked the warden outright what the 'done thing' is, he said to speak to the warden to get them to disconnect the 'wrong' one. It was better to get it sorted immediately than use a different pole/bollard in case you ended up impacting someone else later, or yours became disconnected as the new arrivals weren't as considerate.

TRENDING THREADS