Plymouth ferry terminal

May 10, 2020
Visit site
To get to Brittany Ferries terminal from the A38 I normally take the A374 off ramp. But I must admit to always finding the rest of the route is a bit of a pain especially with the van on the back. Looking at the map can anyone tell me if carrying on to the A386 and taking that route in any easier? Just wondering.
Cheers
R

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
By its very location Plymouth Ferry Terminal is always going to require the traveller to transit via the innner areas of the city. But it’s not that difficult. However, Portsmouth’s ferry terminal is on the west of the city and can be approached from any direction without having to transit the inner city.

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi Clive,
Yeah I know both terminals well and used both many times. I just find the way in from the A38 a total faff even the signage is challenging. We use Plymouth out and Portsmouth in. This is for convenience regarding arrival times and going via a night crossing. I was just wondering if there was a simple way down to Plymouth terminal other than the normal route.
Cheers
R

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi Clive,
Yeah I know both terminals well and used both many times. I just find the way in from the A38 a total faff even the signage is challenging. We use Plymouth out and Portsmouth in. This is for convenience regarding arrival times and going via a night crossing. I was just wondering if there was a simple way down to Plymouth terminal other than the normal route.
Cheers
R
From my knowledge of Plymouth whilst working there aren’t what I would call any other decent options with a caravan. If you carried on along the Devon Expressway you could take Milehouse Road south past Plymouth Argyll ground then follow signs for the railway station. As you get to the inner ring head south west towards the Plymouth Pavilions where you will join the A38 route in. But I really don’t see that option as being much better than the A38.
Fundamentally Plymouth Ferry Terminal can only be approached by driving through the city and some pretty old areas surrounding the port. Have a look at the Milehouse Road route on Google maps and you will see the layout of roads.

TRENDING THREADS