plymouth - Roscoff

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi Gill

I can never resist the urge to butt in on a post about Benodet. We went to Du Letty for about 5 years both as tenters and later caravanners, before our 5 kids were "growed-up" - 5 weeks each summer. Our kids still say they would come with us if we went to Bendoet - trouble is there so many other nice places we've not yet seen

I would agree with Andy who recommended the route via Playben and Brasparts. It only takes about 2 hours towing and is a quiet but scenic route. I might have even recommended it to him as I have posted it as a good route in the past!!

Regarding what to do in Benodet can I refer you to my review on ukc which has a list of things we found to do over the years

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?page=3&revid=5461
Ours review is number 19, the first one, to be put on. We seemed to have started a bit of a craze - pity we're not on commission.

As has, already been said Port du Plaisance is on the left of the main road immediately before one enters the edge of the town. The site is actually on the main road but it is quite easy to miss it. I'm not sure if the site is before or after the Benodet town roadsign. Anyway I'm sure you and all the other Benodeters will have a super holiday there. I get tempted to return every time I write about it. LOL.

Regards

Tim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Tim,

It was indeed you who recommended the route last year to us and mighty fine it was too. As you have probably read earlier we also found Du Letty a great holiday site and are returning this year.

Cheers

Andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To all you lucky devils who are on their way to Benodet. It is a very pleasant and pretty area of Brittany. The beach is spotless and the whole area is so clean compared to this country. We stayed at Camp Du Letty and on our second visit we asked if we could have a pitch next to the beach - we ended up approx. 12-15 feet from the beech. The walk around the coast from the site to Benodet is a very pleasant stroll. There are also many fine towns and villages close by such as Quimper and Concarnau - the cathedral in Quimper and the walled town of Corncarnau are both well worth a visit. We are not Catholics but were truely amazed at the beauty of the cathedral both outside and internal. The only down side was we spent a day at Brest - not worth it so stear clear of this area. Must agree with others regarding the ice cream - can only be matched at home with Joe's Ice Cream Parlour in Swansea - LOL.

Gill we travelled down from Bridgend the day before in case of traffic holdups and stopped on the quay side at Plymouth for the night free of charge. We were the first to arrive at the quay but within an hour or so it soon filled up. Put a note in the caravan window of what time ferry crossing you are going on otherwise you will be knocked up at 6:00am for the first ferry. There are basic facilities for washing and toilet on the quay side, and I do mean basic, although they are clean - no showers just wash hand basins and toilets. Excellent shower/toilet facilities on the quay side in Roscoff.

As others have stated the journey is approx. 2 hours (approx. 90 miles) and the roads are excellent - didn't encounter any road works at all - each stay we covered approx 1000 miles and only once saw any police and they were on push bikes. Try to avoid the Quimper ring road at rush hour - other times of day no problems.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all your help regarding Benodet, i agree it is a lovely place, we are actually here now - weather is a bit hit and miss but as an area it is great. We have been to see the Du Letty site but are looking at La Pointe ST Giles site for next year.

Thanks Again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts