popularity of caravanning

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I cant believe how popular my favourite pass time has become.

We have last minute tried to book a site within 60 mile radious of Liverpool for the weekend, Yes I know its a bank holiday but due to last minute shift changes we can now go away. Yipee!!

However, It has now taken us two days solid searching the cc club, c&cc club, Caravan sitefinder, ukcampsites, plus numerous private sites aswell as cl's and cs's.
After 50 or so phone calls the answer was all the same, Sorry fully Booked, until one kind lady phoned us back and said she had a cancellation.

This is fantastic news for the industry and the home economy plus the sites themselves.

The site we are now booked onto is probably one I would never have picked. It is a farm based site, with great veiws, so I am in a way gratefull that we are in a way forced into something new and now really looking forward to it.

If your going away enjoy,
If you avoid the bank holidays I cant blame you and relax anyway,
If your stuck trying to find a site at this late stage goodluck and dont pull too much of your hair out in frustration.

Cheers
John

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
At least our holiday plans are not affected by clouds of volcanic ash, it looks as though even more air travellers are about to have their plans disrupted and could spend the Bank Holiday camped at airport terminals.
smiley-cry.gif

No doubt some of them will consider camping in style with a caravan at some stage in the future, can't say that I blame them
smiley-laughing.gif

Enjoy Whitsun weekend whatever you are doing.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
………. most people think caravaners are nutters and need help, so we are in trouble if that situation changes!
smiley-sealed.gif

Being well beyond any sort of help I’m off to a small CL near Salisbury !

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
SWMBO is working, I'm staying home tending to the garden!!!
Next time going away is 9th june, do you think I should start looking for somewhere to pitch up??????

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Jim well done for hanging on in there and being offered the famsite, some of the best sites we have been to have been on farms and are usually very quiet.
We have one near us and and would recommend to anybody but sadly not within 60 miles of you.
SO enjoy you break on the farm.
Sir Roger

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Kev young Fellow . How the devil are you , dont forget that back of yours the gardening thing may upset it again you know.
Might be a good idea to forget the garden and go fo the searching of a pitch ready.
We are off in the morning to a 5 acre field so I hope it doesnt rain hoping for a nice week away,so hopefully Ill catch with everybody when I get back.
Take care , Sir Roger

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Well Sir Rog, guess what, dont think I will be doing the gardening thing tomorrow--Rain forecast.
Got to do the BBQ thing tho, son is back from the big smoke (he works on Blackfriars bridge at the mo) and loves Daddies BBQ so get the Gazebo out, put it over the BBQ, beer passed out the window, happy happy happy days.
Enjoy your time away and if the grass is too long give me a shout and I will turn up with my Combine (avatar ha ha)
Take care.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts