Posting Pictures?

Sep 4, 2017
Visit site
How does one post a picture, is there a forum place? Or must it be outside the PC forum. If so what platform do you use?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Across the top of the post is a row of icons. Choose the one with the "pictures" between link and emoji. If you cannot see the row press the settings icon (gearwheel). After pressing the pictures icon it will ask you if you wish to drag and drop, or look on your computer/device. just recently it has not been very consistent as I opt for look on computer and it just goes into my whole library (11000+) in a not to certain date order. It doesn't let me go to an album. So in that case I find the picture in Photos and copy it to Desktop where I can chose to upload it from. If necessary I will reduce size to 1mb or less, but again its not been particularly consistent in allowing me to do that within the PCV supplied upload software.

Reactions: Grey13
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Another method, with the same outcome, is to use the ‘attach files’ link at the bottom of the post. The biggest hassle, in my opinion, is the file size. Some forums automatically reduce the file size when uploading, but with this forum they need reducing first. On an iPad this is not straight forward. I have had to download a third party app for the purpose.

Be interesting to see how others deal with this.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Another method, with the same outcome, is to use the ‘attach files’ link at the bottom of the post. The biggest hassle, in my opinion, is the file size. Some forums automatically reduce the file size when uploading, but with this forum they need reducing first. On an iPad this is not straight forward. I have had to download a third party app for the purpose.

Be interesting to see how others deal with this.

John
Thats strange as when I use the iPad or iPhone with Apple photos the upload software normal gives me a choice of sizes from original to small. but its not consistent and sometimes it just offers me the whole library in which case I use Photos to select the picture, copy it to Desktop and select that copy for upload, which normally meets the Forum size limits. What I have sometimes come across is the situation where no matter how I try the picture wants to sit at 90 degrees out. Some webs forums and sales sites give a simple picture edit where you can rotate it 90 degrees.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Thats strange as when I use the iPad or iPhone with Apple photos the upload software normal gives me a choice of sizes from original to small. but its not consistent and sometimes it just offers me the whole library in which case I use Photos to select the picture, copy it to Desktop and select that copy for upload, which normally meets the Forum size limits. What I have sometimes come across is the situation where no matter how I try the picture wants to sit at 90 degrees out. Some webs forums and sales sites give a simple picture edit where you can rotate it 90 degrees.

I get that choice if I email a picture. I wonder if my issue is because I use the ‘Attach file’ option. In future I will try the picture icon as you recommend.

That ‘copy for upload’ option does not seem to be available on the iPad. is that on your desktop? Unless I am missing somthing.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I get that choice if I email a picture. I wonder if my issue is because I use the ‘Attach file’ option. In future I will try the picture icon as you recommend.

That ‘copy for upload’ option does not seem to be available on the iPad. is that on your desktop? Unless I am missing somthing.

John
I have to cancel the PCV upload box and then I go into Photos. Choose the picture I require and copy bit to desktop. Then I start the PCV picture icon again and choose the photo from Desktop from where it seems to work. That’s on phone and PAD. Like this one came straight from Desktop as I used the Choose File option on PCV photo selection box. 040007F1-85A6-4DF3-BC6A-56754B962BEA_1_105_c.jpeg

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have to cancel the PCV upload box and then I go into Photos. Choose the picture I require and copy bit to desktop. Then I start the PCV picture icon again and choose the photo from Desktop from where it seems to work. That’s on phone and PAD. Like this one came straight from Desktop as I used the Choose File option on PCV photo selection box. View attachment 3299

I do all you suggest, but most times it tells me the file is too big. except for very old photos which are lower res and smaller file size. So I have to open the photos in a third party compression app, watch an add, and save them to photos then they will upload no problem, and the quality is still more than good enough. So far as I can see, ios doesn’t do this internally except for emails. But I may be missing a trick.

John

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I did try the picture icon, I am sure it would work fine on a PC or Mac. But on the iPad the drag and drop is a problem, (for me anyway). I find the attach file works OK. but copy and paste also works fine. It is just a faff changing the file size, I wish the forum resized automatically.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts