Problems - error messages today

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It's playing silly buggers again - been ok all day, but slow, and now starts displaying text only responses.

I'm not technical enough to know the exact cause but basically the server needs a big speed upgrade.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
After a couple of days when everything was working Ok., it is back to being a problem to navigate anywhere on the site with "This page can't be displayed" popping up every time I try to go to a different topic or area of the Forum.

No other sites I visit have this problem

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
Yep. its bad for me too.
Took me over half an hour to report the "fake passport spammer", I kept getting the same message, (Server disconnect) and then it would log me out again....
On logging in again, same message "Server Disconnect" this seems to then get in a loop...

Site is more or less unusable at the moment, but most of us have a great deal of goodwill towards the site and its members (and mods!) but I reckon someone does need to throw some money at it and get it fixed.... its tough and time consuming to get these things right (I know from bitter experience) but the effort will be worthwhile.
We will all be keeping our fingers crossed that a good and permanent solution will be found before too long
All best
paws

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Same here. I've wasted 1/2 an hour trying to do a post. Clearly something is wrong. Hope it gets fixed before I need a fix for frustration :p

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Getting "No data received" messages again.

This seems to happen more when there's no one home at Haymarket, Is someone turning off part of the servers system when they go home at night and the weekends?

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
smileytyping.gif

Managed to post this from my phone. . :p but it took me a while. ..

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
its getting beyond a joke now, why oh why am i getting these error messages every time I try to get input into
forum, trying to get advise on a certain subject is a waste of time . Is this a result of downloaders who do not bother to log in causing the site to keep crashing .

Royston

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
It's taken me 30 mins to get in, see that others are suffering and post this.

On a free non-commercial website I help moderate, we don't allow this sort of issue for more than 24 hours - since PC is a commercial organisation that subjects us to adverts this issue should have been sorted in much less than 24 hours - if the website support team are employees, sack them - if it's outsourced, change supplier.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Morning all and thank you to Damian for his email.

I'm very sorry you've been experiencing these problems, we really did think the issues had be resolved. Rest assured, I've alerted our technical team to these issues and underlined how important it is that these matters are resolved, once and for all, ASAP. Apologies that I can't do more at this stage, but we'll let you know how we get on.

Thank you all for your patience.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm pleased to be able to log in to the forum once more :blink:
Every time I tried over the weekend I had the same error messages as everyone else saying that the server had been re-set.
I gave up in the end.
I added some details on the PCv Facebook page.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all. From what I can gather, we've had some server issues. The team were aware of this over the weekend and were working on it all weekend. They've told me that all problems have now been resolved.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just an update from where I am, the site is loading and working OK again now and has been for the last 8 hours.
Lets hope no more gremlins get in.

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
Yep seems to be working well, thank goodness
Well done Llizzie and the Tech team and thanks Damian for alerting Lizzie to the problems.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Has PC got it in for me? I seem to be the only one continuously complaining about slow speed - while I accept that my laptop and mobile broadband connection aren't the fastest, by a long way, this forum is the only one that's makes me wait for a response - we're talking a minute or two here, not milliseconds!

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a feeling it must be something to do with your setup Roger.
Since yesterday when Lizzie posted and from around midday it has been all Ok, with no error messages or long delays .
I have not heard from anyone else having problems since either.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
I have a feeling it must be something to do with your setup Roger.
Since yesterday when Lizzie posted and from around midday it has been all Ok, with no error messages or long delays .
I have not heard from anyone else having problems since either.

But my setup doesn't give slow responses elsewhere - for the record it's a Compaq laptop, running Windows 8.1 with all fixes applied, Firefox 32.0.3 and Three network HSPA+ mobile broadband connection.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts