Pugeot 4007

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
We have a 1482kg mtplm Pageant S7 at the moment, but we are getting a 1480kg mtplm Pegasus in May.

I did our first test tow yesterday and it was brilliant. The removable towbar is so easy to fit and we did a little tow around Essex to see what it was like.

The car was built to tow, it was so assured. You really do have to check the mirrors to remember you are towing. I put the car in 4wd mode and it really helped. There was not a hint of scrabble even under hard acceleration. The low down torque made for relaxed towing.

The mirrors are slightly bigger than normal car ones, so we had to get some different ones to the strap on ones we had. We now have Milenco Aero Towing Mirrors which fit really well.

I'll report back after our extended tow to Staffordshire over Easter.
Hi Mate

Picked up the car yesterday and love it!!!! Towed with it today and your right it handled brilliantly even in bad windy and rainy weather on the M6. Should the tow bar come with Audible Indications inside the car to confirm your indicators are working? Just had a brand new detachable tow bar fitted by the Peugeot dealer. Your right it is easy to use and all lights and relays appear to be working properly. However, when I am inside the vehicle driving, I am getting no audible indication whenever I indicate left or right. I have always had this feature with previous tow bars? Is this OK or has the dealer forgot to wire something correctly?

Kind Regards for any further advice

Michael

P.S. I noticed you said you where travelling to Blackshaw Moor near Leek for the winter, We live 10mins away and are also planning on a few nights there over the same period. May bump into you. The hotcoss buns are on us!! Cheers for the help you've given so far

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Hi Mate

Picked up the car yesterday and love it!!!! Towed with it today and your right it handled brilliantly even in bad windy and rainy weather on the M6. Should the tow bar come with Audible Indications inside the car to confirm your indicators are working? Just had a brand new detachable tow bar fitted by the Peugeot dealer. Your right it is easy to use and all lights and relays appear to be working properly. However, when I am inside the vehicle driving, I am getting no audible indication whenever I indicate left or right. I have always had this feature with previous tow bars? Is this OK or has the dealer forgot to wire something correctly?

Kind Regards for any further advice

Michael

P.S. I noticed you said you where travelling to Blackshaw Moor near Leek for the winter, We live 10mins away and are also planning on a few nights there over the same period. May bump into you. The hotcoss buns are on us!! Cheers for the help you've given so far
Sorry not winter I mean Easter!!

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
As promised too, I thought I would also tell you about the first tow test of my new Peugeot 4007 GT. It certainly was a thorough tow test too. Journey was from Congleton (Cheshire) to Barcelona then across northern Spain to Santander ferry port. Then Portsmouth back to Congleton! Approx 1950 miles in total! All I can say is wow! Obviously I had some resevations as my last two vehicles were the Kia Sorrento 2.5 XT, but my concerns were unfounded. The car pulled my lunar lexon SE (laden weight 14.40kgs) with ease. Whether it was along the motorways or the narrow steep roads we happened across on the continent the car handled effortlessly. Not to mention the extremely long & steep ramps which take you to upper parking levels on the Santander Ferry, now they were hairy moments! Especially the two complete 'back on yourself' turns which had to be performed inside the actual ferry! If you do ever travel on Brittsny Ferries latest addition to their fleet 'The Cap Finnistair' then excercise caution, the staff however are good in assisting you to your final(albeit extremely tight)parking position. So back to the car we think we were averaging about 27 miles to the gallon but this improved when our speed was reduced!! Yes it was very easy to forget the caravan was behind you so on quite a few occasions when the speedometer pushed past 70plus mph (ssssssh!) we slowed back to a respectable 60mph plus!! And saved a few pennies to boot! The only time we were aware the van was behind us was when we travelled along a stretch of motorway in southern France and developed a few wobbles. There were however lots of road signs in this very area with pictures of cars with caravans indicating that this is to be expected! Thus all the towing vehicles we observed around this area had slowed right down! Yep even we slowed

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
I'm glad you enjoy your one as much as we enjoy ours.

We have not done such a mammoth tow as you have, but we have done 4 trips away in it now. I can't match your high 20's economy, but we do have 3 bikes on the roof & a 7' 6" van with a very upright front which will dent it a bit. I get about 22-24 mpg travelling at a gps 60 mph.

From the brochures the new ones are slightly more economical than the 09 models so perhaps Peugeot have been fiddling a bit.

One great accessory I have is the Peugeot dog guard. We don't have a dog, but it allows us to load the car up to the roof with no worries at all. The car has a 500kg payload and there only 3 of us so we have plenty of capacity.

We pick up our new van on Saturday & we can't wait.

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The vast number of French taxi owners would take exeption to their vehicles being called crap . Just for interest sake I wonder what crap Ian drives ?.
Probably drives a Freelander 2 but would not like to know that the engine is a developement from the Citroen C5 and PEUGEOT 607 OP'S those French get everyware.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts