Quick Wit

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Our son was saying a friend of his on his way to Lossiemouth, was stopped on the A9 for speeding. PC Plod said to him

" I have been waiting a while for someone like you to come along "

So our sons friend replied " sorry to have kept you waiting officer, but I got here as quick as I could "

He still got a fixed penalty, Plod was to thick to catch the wit.

Sorry Euan

Val & Frank

Jun 8, 2005
Visit site
On the contrary, I believe the Officer (or Plod as you call them) would have been totally aware of the 'wit' displayed. Hence the Ticket!

Perhaps next time, they keep to the limits and not attract anyones attention, then they wouldnt need to be quick witted.

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Phil

you must be a Plod or Plo to know what you said is a load of piffle.

Frank
You must be one of the only people left in the country who thinks that the Plod have any form of inteligence left. I'm sorry but that is my opinion of the police force at this moment in time of our history. For goodness sake just look around you

Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To be fair to the "Plod" they do have a sense of humour and try to do what is right in this terrible PC world that we now live in.

Some years ago a friend and I were stopped at a speed trap (we were told later that we were doing 33mph in a 30mph limit.

A young policeman (and I mean young! - his helmet looked far too big and was resting on his ears) came up to our car window and said (no word of a lie!!!)

"Where's the fire sonny?"

For about 10 very long seconds my friend and I managed to suppress the giggles - but once one of us let go the other one soon caught up and then it was complete mayhem.

After a while a Sergeant came over and sorted it all out and let us on our way saying he was "Training"

Last week a friend of ours who is a HGV driver for a Dairy was stopped in his Range Rover whilst going to work at 2:00am in the morning.

The reason why he had been stopped?

The Police on patrol thought that a Range Rover at that time of night could have been up to no good nicking caravans.

They checked with his dispatcher and confirmed that he worked where he said and that his shift started at 2:30 am.

So we can knock them - but in Somerset at least - they are taking Caravan theft reasonably seriously.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts