rac breakdown with ccc

May 2, 2005
Visit site
After speaking with tech support at ccc,was informed that if you breakdown and have to phone rac inform them at time you have al-ko stab and they will arange for recovery with correct towball fittment, we joined ccc in March 05.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Most recovery firms will only recover a caravan if the fault is with the towing vehicle.

That is why C & CC have Arrival with R A C as they will recover the towed vehicle if it has the fault (eg caravan wheel falls off !)

The CC also do a similar scheme

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I dropped the RAC a few years ago when they dithered about whether caravans were included or not. Even the CC couldn't get a straight answer. I now have comprehensive cover from More>Than at less than

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bill, are you sure you had RAC Arrival insurance? As this is a dedicated insurance for caravans arranged through the Camping and Caravanning Club, there should never be any question that a caravan is covered. Ordinary RAC membership would be quite another matter. We have certainly never had any problem in getting assistance, even with problems that related solely to the caravan. It is largely because of our confidence that we will be covered no matter what that we have stuck with this insurance for many years now - it works for us.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I dropped the RAC a few years ago when they dithered about whether caravans were included or not. Even the CC couldn't get a straight answer. I now have comprehensive cover from More>Than at less than

Apr 26, 2005
Visit site
Bill

I would check your cover with MoreThan.My RAC arrival is due for renewal and when I spoke to MoreThan they told me the caravan would be recovered if the car broke down,but if the fault was on the caravan I would not be covered.

Tom.
I would also check the length limit for your 'van. I was just checking my renewal and some of the firms limit to 5.5m.

I have a Swift Conqueror at nearly 8m and was told the length limit with RAC is waived if you join through the CCC. Just let them know if you have to call them out.

May 27, 2005
Visit site
Most recovery firms will only recover a caravan if the fault is with the towing vehicle.

That is why C & CC have Arrival with R A C as they will recover the towed vehicle if it has the fault (eg caravan wheel falls off !)

The CC also do a similar scheme
RAC Arival will recover any length caravan

I had cause to use this service a short while ago when the caravan decided to go its own way on the M4 in Berkshire. No other vehicle was involved, the caravan parked its self just about on the hard shoulder. It was found to be a defective hitch, no damage was found on the caravan apart from the jockey wheel and hitch. The RAC kept ringing as did the police to check on myself and the wife until the recovery arrived, i can't fault the service i received. (Iv'e had more than my subscription back for this year)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts