Radio Aerials

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Our new van came with a Status 530 aerial and a car radio. We have had problems getting BBC stations on certain sites. Home is no problem on FM can get national and local, some with the booster off and a couple with the aerial disconnected. However I can't get MW or LW anytime. A warden at one site told me to pull out the rods at the back and the direction to point it, still no difference, it seems he and other happy campers could. As we don't take a TV with us we cant get radio through Freeview.

We are taking the van in for it's first service at the end of the month what could be the answer so that I can I tell the foreman?

Jan 8, 2006
Visit site
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but you will only get FM with the Status aerial. If you want to get MW/LW you will have to fit a separate aerial and the you will get everything. Have a look at the Swift range of vans they have both. J.Lo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Ring aerial is good as it is telescopic, as well as folding away completely into its housing. It inludes a signal amplifier that is powered from the radio. I have fitted mine onto the awning side of the van as that is the side where the radio is (no problem as I use a porch awning). You may want to consider if this is the bast place for you or whether you will need to fit an extension lead.

I find that even with the aerial folded away, reception of all but the weakest signals is absolutey fine.

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
The Ring aerial is good as it is telescopic, as well as folding away completely into its housing. It inludes a signal amplifier that is powered from the radio. I have fitted mine onto the awning side of the van as that is the side where the radio is (no problem as I use a porch awning). You may want to consider if this is the bast place for you or whether you will need to fit an extension lead.

I find that even with the aerial folded away, reception of all but the weakest signals is absolutey fine.
Thanks all for your advice, I,ll see if I can get a discount when the van goes in for it's first service!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts