RAF JET FLYING NONE STOP

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Morning all, I’m staying at camp near mablethorpe and fabulous views of jets flying over, they hurtle over giving us a grandstand view, not sure where they come from and I’m sure Hutch will enlighten me, so we get jets for a good couple of hours going over us they go as far as Donna Nook then come back then the afternoon flypasts are helicopters that fly over to Donna Nook where they shoot bullets at targets in the sea, I’m looking forward to going to Donna Nook this afternoon to see the shooting.

BP

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
BeePee, RAF, Conninsby is the closest to Mablethorpe, almost direct line from their Runway. But as OC states it is a training area.
Enjoy Donna Nook, I missed it when we were up that way.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Typhoons will be from Coningsby if they're a small front winglet ( canard) delta rear wing but other airforces use it. As a 17 year old on a biology field trip we watched USAAF A10 tank busters attacking the targets with their gattling guns. (Am now 57!)Amazing. You can walk on the beach nearby where there is an observation post. They used to post flying times but don't think so now. You can visit Coningsby where the Battle of Britain memorial flight is housed too.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Here on Skye we used to get low flying Tornados at about 200m up going past the house and we're 95m above sea level. Haven't seen many F35s though.

We've also seen Hercules and A400m practicing low level flight.

These have particular interest for me as I was Project Manager for various avionics projects that were installed on these aircraft. So there's a little bit of me going overhead 😉

Reactions: JezzerB and Hutch
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
The Mach Loop flying area in North Wales is great for fast Aviation fans.

View: https://youtu.be/I3hCGeEc45c
Great video thanks.
When I lived in Cumbria low level sorties with Tornados was a regular occurrence. But only once did I see two do a roll inversion as they came to the hill, then flip back once over it.. Keeps them low and under the radar compared to flying over it in normal attitude.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Here on Skye we used to get low flying Tornados at about 200m up going past the house and we're 95m above sea level. Haven't seen many F35s though.

We've also seen Hercules and A400m practicing low level flight.

These have particular interest for me as I was Project Manager for various avionics projects that were installed on these aircraft. So there's a little bit of me going overhead 😉
Not sure you will see F35s at such low altitude as the Tornados as their stealth characteristics are designed to keep them “ invisible “ to enemy radars. The RAF stopped using low level in Iraq when ordinary ground small arms fire was affecting their mission success. IE shot down.

Reactions: JezzerB

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
The F117 and SR71 are also stealth aircraft but years back there was a story going around that one of them or perhaps both were detected by a BAe system when flying into an air show. The story also goes that they weren't that stealthy when they got wet.

Years ago the company I was working for did some work for the B2 stealth bomber. Although presenting a low radar aperture they realised this wasn't much use if the thing emitted contrails. So a third party company came up with a way of detecting the formation of contrails so that the driver could make adjustments to prevent them. Don't know if it actually got into service.

Reactions: otherclive
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I’ve only just read your comments as Wi-Fi and 5g has been awful, finally seems better signals, the fly overs seem to have lessened in last couple of days but I’m sure they’ll return sooner, weather was a bit windy which may have kept them away, I’ve got another 2 weeks to get some good views over Donna Nook so I’ll look forward to it, hope everyone getting away as much as you can.

BP

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, I’ve only just read your comments as Wi-Fi and 5g has been awful, finally seems better signals, the fly overs seem to have lessened in last couple of days but I’m sure they’ll return sooner, weather was a bit windy which may have kept them away, I’ve got another 2 weeks to get some good views over Donna Nook so I’ll look forward to it, hope everyone getting away as much as you can.

BP
I would start getting concerned if “ a bit windy” stopped modern fighter jets training. It wasn’t exactly calm conditions for the Harriers flying in the Falklands. 😀

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts