Rav4 PHEV to tow Swift Sprite?

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
And your point is what? The report was extensive and looked at several parameters of which caravan mass was one, and one conclusion is that mass doesn’t have a significant effect. But where is 85% mentioned? As I said above 85% predates University of Bath research as evidenced below

I don't recall making any a point? I never mentioned that it contained anything remotely to do with 85% I simply posted a link that I thought may be useful. Obviously you did not think the link was of any use or you have taken it totally out of context?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't recall making any a point? I never mentioned that it contained anything remotely to do with 85% I simply posted a link that I thought may be useful. Obviously you did not think the link was of any use or you have taken it totally out of context?
I just thought that you had posted the link to support the 85% guidance. A brief explanation would have helped. But no problem. It’s lost in the depths caravan history. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I could not find any evidence of this study.

Unfortunately the internet has caused a lot of hearsay comments to be repeated and by such exposure the myths have become popular beliefs.

If anyone has verifiable evidence please let us know.
The Caravan Club recommendation was in existence when I first took an interest in caravanning in the late '70s - it was then lower, 75 or 80% even though the towing speed limit was 40 mph

For a short while in the '80s there was a differential speed limit for trailers depending on weight ratio, 50 mph under 100% and 40 mph over 100% both were replaced when the dual carriageway and motorway limit for trailers was increased to 60 mph.

I've never been aware of any academic research to establish this recommendation, just a consensus of opinion from experienced caravanners within the Caravan Club.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts