re closed caravan storage sites in past 5 years

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
hi we have about 150 caravans stored with us the local planning are trying to shut as down can any show me some site that have closed down or have got built on so i can prove there is strong need to stay open or a way to fight them back

thanks timothy 07926582644 or timbc27@gm,ail.com

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
Might help to know where you are. Arguing that a storage facility in John o'Groats has just closed won't hold much sway with the planning authorities in Lands End.

Why are they trying to shut you down? Are you currently operating with the correct planning consents?

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi Timothy. You don’t state the planning grounds that the council are citing, so this may not help; but many folks on here struggle to find a storage place that has space and many have waiting lists. You could try ringing around other local storage places and find out what capacity they have and how many have waiting lists. This could help you evidence demand for caravan storage
Mel

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
Might help to know where you are. Arguing that a storage facility in John o'Groats has just closed won't hold much sway with the planning authorities in Lands End.

Why are they trying to shut you down? Are you currently operating with the correct planning consents?
hi we are south off England

Dec 5, 2023
Visit site
Hi Timothy. You don’t state the planning grounds that the council are citing, so this may not help; but many folks on here struggle to find a storage place that has space and many have waiting lists. You could try ringing around other local storage places and find out what capacity they have and how many have waiting lists. This could help you evidence demand for caravan storage
Mel
great point thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Based on what you have told us, it seems you have failed to obtain the correct change of use and planning approvals to open a caravan storage site.

I'm sorry but you are the architect of your own demise.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I think the Formulates are being a bit hard on Tim. He is asking for help, admittedly he is a bit silent on why he is being disapproved by his council.
My storage area in Northamptonshire got approvals to go from 50 units to 150, now they are asking for another 100 units. All because there is a requirement for the storage, but this is on the back of a farm,

Maybe Tim's storage is in a town or a village where through traffic will disrupt locals.
Tim , give us more information, please.

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
I think the Formulates are being a bit hard on Tim. He is asking for help, admittedly he is a bit silent on why he is being disapproved by his council.
There's only one negative post I can see. A couple asking questions (including mine). Here's another question, is it possible for someone to have valid insurance if they are operating without the correct planning approvals? It's a question, not a statement as I honestly don't know the answer, but I do know that insurance companies will use whatever means they can to wriggle out of paying a claim.

Reactions: Parksy
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do not see that this would invalidate the insurance as it does not affect the risk although but you would need to read the policy to be sure. If it is not excluded in some way then the insurer cannot make up new ones.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I do not see that this would invalidate the insurance as it does not affect the risk although but you would need to read the policy to be sure. If it is not excluded in some way then the insurer cannot make up new ones.
They may not have insurance for a caravan storage site?

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
It appears that, not having had the positive response they may have hoped for here, the OP has made almost the same enquiry on another forum. This time they appear to have used their company name which has enabled members of that forum to dig up more information, including a planning application.

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
hi we have about 150 caravans stored with us the local planning are trying to shut as down can any show me some site that have closed down or have got built on so i can prove there is strong need to stay open or a way to fight them back

thanks timothy 07926582644 or timbc27@gm,ail.com
Tim,
Have you spoken with these chaps and or any of their members? They may have experienced your problem?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts