recommend a good cl please

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi everyone, we have never stayed on any cl's or cs sites in the 8 years we have had our caravans mainly due to the kids but also because we wanted it a bit more lively. however the kids are now not wanting to come along so much and the commercial sites have increased prices beyond what we consider reasonable so we want to try some cl's. the biggest problem i have is the caravan club really dont describe the cl sites too well and getting info off the web is allmost non existant, so can you recommend any within say 40 mile radious of manchester, the sites must accept our dogs (two cavalier king charles spaniels), we are not too bothered about loo's or showers as the van has all that and electrics not a problem either as we would only be doing weekends. sites with good country / riverside walks are what we really want, any suggestions ?. thanks in advance. ooops nearly forgot for those of you that know my outfit we have sold the ace celebration 590 as it was too big and we hated it, in too weeks we will be back to a coachman thank god and the proud owners of a brand new vip 530 so size is no longer a problem on site, cant wait.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Icemaker

Pity you are not nearer Suffolk, We have a CL inthe corner of a meadow set in a wood, but you are to fare away, why not look at the DVDs called Beautiful CLs www.armcher.com. I have it from the horses mouth a new batch will be availeble soon, they have had the terible job of makeing all these videos of Cls all summer, and in order to do this they have travelled all over the UK, how my heart weeps for them ! whats my interest our CL is the first one on disc one.

David from Suffolk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is a good website that lists sites that only allow 5 vans in the uk. There are extra photos and a good facilities search feature. I don't think we are allowed to mention other websites on here but if you type the obvious into a search engine you should find it.

Rose

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi there,

There,s a nice cl in Winsford. Cheshire. Its called the Acorns and its lovely. Dogs plenty of walks as its at the side of Whitegate way a country walk. Also near Delamere Forest. Price is 8 pound a night incl electric. Under Cheshire in the book.

Jun 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi there,

There,s a nice cl in Winsford. Cheshire. Its called the Acorns and its lovely. Dogs plenty of walks as its at the side of Whitegate way a country walk. Also near Delamere Forest. Price is 8 pound a night incl electric. Under Cheshire in the book.

Dec 23, 2005
Visit site
I can recommend 2 CL's both in Staffordshire.

Red Lion Farm is situated in the village of Haughton about 4 miles outside of Stafford. It's a great little rural site set on a working farm that has it's own Jersey ice cream factory and tea room. It has electric hook-ups and a toilet/shower. A popular site that is regularly used for rallies.

The other one is The Anchor Inn at High Offley. This site is down a country lane in the middle of nowhere but well worth the journey. The pub fronts onto the Shropshire Union canal with the site at the rear. Loads of places to work from this one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts