Red Pennant - general exclusions - shipping length

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed the shipping length exclusion ?
As my van has a shipping length of 24' 10", i will have to pay an additional premium.
How much is this for a single trip, motoring cover only policy

Wondering why there is this exclusion when there isnt for mayday, for example.

Thoughts please

Mat

2. Any vehicle exceeding 24ft (7.32m) shipping length, 9ft 10ins (3m) in height, 7ft6ins (2.3m) in width or 3.85 tonnes gross weight. For caravans andmotor caravans exceeding these parameters, please contact

The Club;

Nov 12, 2007
Visit site
You will not be charged extra, you just need to do it over the phone so they have a record of the size of your van in order to ensure a large enough vehicle is sent out if you need to be recovered.
Our van is 7.95m shipping length, we have had Red Pennant on it 4 times and always paid the same as the on-line quote.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
It is very expencive for Breakdown especially a long 8 metre van like ours. That is why 4 years ago I was recommended to try ADAC the Germany Breakdown Organisation. Used them twic once with van once with car and they are excellent. It is the only Breakdown Cover we have and covers all of Europe the UK and as it covers the drivers in whatever car they drive the USA as well for some cover.
At 79.50 Euro's for 1 driver and 98.70. Euro's for 2 drivers you and spouse/partner in car Partner Plus for a whole year is excellent value for everything you need. Caravan up to 10 metres long covered and no extra's. This is not health Insurance though. It does bring you home if you or driver is ill/injured. ADAC is the 2nd largest Breakdown Organisation in the world second to the AAA in the US. All the staff speak excellent English so no problems there. See more here

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Contacted them by phone this afternoon.
It is a paperwork exercise for caravans, so that they know what size of tow vehicle etc is required.
There is no extra charge.
Motorhomes on the other hand does result in additional charges.

Mat

TRENDING THREADS