Reed switch

Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
Hi, I am fairly new to caravaning after 20 years away. I have purchased a caravan and the electric flush is not working. I know this is a common fault and about to embark on al the online checks. My question before I start is that when I checked the fuse at the back of the cassette housing there is NO reed switch. The black cable and connector is there but nothing to clip it to. Would this make any difference to the flush working or not or is it just an added benefit to read the level of the cassette.
Thanks in advance

Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
Hi Gaw5169, and welcome.

Make of loo would help, with some pictures of control panel and switch.

John
Apologies its a thetford c250 in a baily pageant van. No pics unfortunately but the white plastic housing is there but no reed switch just black wires with a connector hanging loose

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
All the reed switch will do is put the full light on or off.

When you say you checked the fuse are the legs bright and shiny, if not change it, it should be a purple/pink 3A

Common things on the 250 are seized pump, cable/connector on the PCB under the button foil or the PCB.

Simple check with a volt meter is to check you have voltage on the connector (front right) in where the cassette goes in, if you do then check you have voltage on the red and first black wire on the PCB, if you do then while pressing the button on the PCB check voltage on the brown and blue wires (pump) on the PCB, if you get a big voltage drop when the button is pressed then it’s probably a seized pump. If no voltage then it could be the PCB or corrosion on the cables going into the PCB

Apr 22, 2024
Visit site
OK great, thanks for your help. So basically the reed switch wouldn't affect the flush just indicate whether the cassette is full (if I had one connected).

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The reed switch failed at year one, or the magnet fell off the cassette. Just look inside the honey bucket.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts