REMItop Vario II Roof Light & Blind advice

May 24, 2022
Visit site
Hello caravan dwellers!

We are away in our recently purchased Bailey 380/2 (year 2000)
And we are enjoying the mod cons that we haven’t had previously, like hot water and a bigger bed with spring cussions, also an oven!!
it’s great so far!

one thing that has become apparent is the state of the blind on the REMItop Vario II Roof Light & Blind unit

69FA5758-6598-4F9F-B52F-9C0A2DCB17BA.jpeg

4DB9A306-335F-4726-9384-E1EBBF2E81E3.jpeg
I have researched and priced up a new full unit and we are looking at £730-£850 ish which is nearly a third of the cost of the whole caravan!
Has anyone any tips to re-coat the blind?
Many thanks
Bryan 😊

May 24, 2022
Visit site
May 24, 2022
Visit site
Perhaps you could remove the blind and open it up on a bench, and give it a spray of multi purpose paint to rejuvenate it.

John
Thanks John
I’m worried a spray Paint won’t last long or could stiffen the blind, unless you are aware of a specific paint that would fit the bill?
cheers
Bryan

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Thanks John
I’m worried a spray Paint won’t last long or could stiffen the blind, unless you are aware of a specific paint that would fit the bill?
cheers
Bryan

I was thinking of the aerosol sprays available in DIY stores. But from the point of view that that there is nothing to loose in trying. However, if a replacement can be sourced and fitted. Even better.

John

Reactions: Astr0dude
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Why not try caravan breaker yards as bound to be a Bailey caravan with a similar blind? It does not have to be the same model as the same blind will probably be sued across a number of different models or even years.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It’s unfortunate that this type of blind suffered problems with its coating, and from posts some years back I recall that it also affected other makes too. Not surprising given that most makers adopt new ideas when they come into the market. A breakers is possibly the best option as there may be an older caravan whose previous owner had updated the blind before the van was scrapped.

If the frame size is common with other types of blind perhaps one that doesn’t have convoluted surface can be sourced by replacing the whole frame assembly. Ie a roller type blind rooflight assembly.

Lastly a DIY blind made from roller blind blackout material which you fasten to the ceiliing using Velcro or 3M Command hooks when it’s time for bed.

Last edited:
May 24, 2022
Visit site
It’s unfortunate that this type of blind suffered problems with its coating, and from posts some years back I recall that it also affected other makes too. Not surprising given that most makers adopt new ideas when they come into the market. A breakers is possibly the best option as there may be an older caravan whose previous owner had updated the blind before the van was scrapped.

If the frame size is common with other types of blind perhaps one that doesn’t have convoluted surface can be sourced by replacing the whole frame assembly. Ie a roller type blind rooflight assembly.

Lastly a DIY blind made from roller blind blackout material which you fasten to the ceiliing using Velcro or 3M Command hooks when it’s time for bed.
Thanks for your help again Clive (other) You are a very helpful member of this forum, I appreciate you taking the time to respond
Bryan

May 24, 2022
Visit site
Why not try caravan breaker yards as bound to be a Bailey caravan with a similar blind? It does not have to be the same model as the same blind will probably be sued across a number of different models or even years.
Thanks for the advice!
I will start to contact caravan breakers, I don’t know of any personally but I’m sure an internet search will help!
Cheers
Bryan

May 24, 2022
Visit site
I was thinking of the aerosol sprays available in DIY stores. But from the point of view that that there is nothing to loose in trying. However, if a replacement can be sourced and fitted. Even better.

John
Thanks John
I have a feeling a spray paint might work but I will also explore a replacement 😊
Thanks for taking the time to help
Bryan

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts