renewing licence at 70

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Nothing changes. I just lost my mini bus licence. Too much messing to keep it. Medical and yearly updates if I remember.

John

Sep 2, 2021
Visit site
the reason i ask is this, i looked up on dvlc and they say when you renew at 70 make sure you tick that you want everything kept on your lic that you can drive, otherwise they take it off automatically. someone told me this is not the case and you can only do this, and you have to have a medical. im in perfect health, eyesight, can still run, so as long as i declare any health issues should be ok , has anyone else had this problem?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just in case I took a photostat of my licence for my B+E however that wil nto be necessary now as you are automatically awarded the B+E end of autumn.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
the reason i ask is this, i looked up on dvlc and they say when you renew at 70 make sure you tick that you want everything kept on your lic that you can drive, otherwise they take it off automatically. someone told me this is not the case and you can only do this, and you have to have a medical. im in perfect health, eyesight, can still run, so as long as i declare any health issues should be ok , has anyone else had this problem?
My new licence included BE when I turned 70, so did my wife’s.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My new licence included BE when I turned 70, so did my wife’s.
Another abnormality I was reminded about is that my son's friend got his South African driving licence in about 2020. He sent it in to be exchanged for the UK licence and it came back with B+E and in addition apparently a HGV licence although he has never driven a HGV in his life. This was several years ago.
Same thing regarding a friend's wife who also exchanged her SA licence for a UK and it was endorsed so that she could drive a HGV and also got a motorcycle licence? She can't drive a HGV or even ride a motorcycle. Probably hasn't got the HGV element anymore as she is now over seventy.

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
renewing licence at 70 what is the law on towing caravans
It could not possibly be easier.
Renew on the website, and they use your passport photo.
It costs nowt.
You keep your existing licence until you have received your new one.
If you have BE it is automatically put on your new licence.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It could not possibly be easier.
Renew on the website, and they use your passport photo.
It costs nowt.
You keep your existing licence until you have received your new one.
If you have BE it is automatically put on your new licence.
But have you lost the C1 And D1. + E's

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts