Replacing Halogen Downlighters with LED

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Hi i am trying to do the above but having crimped the cables up and connected them they don`t work do i need a conversion/transformer box or something any advice would be appreciated.I have a Bailey Ranger 520/4 gt60 2010.

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
LED's will not illuminate unless connected the correct way round. Test the actual led on a battery, to make sure it works, then crimp the correct way round.
ive tried swapping the connections out but still no joy,i will test them on a battery see what happens theres a black and a red wire on the LED

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
these......

Dream Lighting 12v LED Downlights With Chrome Plated Surround, Recessed Ceiling Lights For Caravan Motorhome Van Boat Yacht Warm White Pack of 2 [Energy Class E]​

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site
LEDs generally operate between 1.2 and 3.6 volts. The units you have bought will have a built in DC-DC converter to drop the voltage from 12v to the voltage required by the LED. It's possible that these may have been damaged if you connected them reverse polarity, is there anything in the instructions to say whether they have reverse polarity protection?

It's also possible that they were faulty when you bought them, how many did you buy?

You could hook up one of the old lights to prove the supply is still there, if it is it would seem that the LEDs are dead.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts