Retro Fitting of Cruise Control

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings All,

Does anyone out there know if I can fit Cruise Control retrospectively to a 2002 Audi A6 Avant.(2.5TDi Auto) if that makes a difference

G

No idea, but if it was using Audi parts then you would need a new steering wheel, if it has the buttons, or a new indicator stalk if the controls are there, for starters. Have you asked Audi themselves and as by your message, there are some cars that do have it, have you tried a breakers for the misiing parts?

Alternatively a hand throttle system can be fitted but I have no idea of the legality if you are not disabled.

It might be more trouble than it is worth.

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Del,

I had cruise retro fitted to a Citreon Synergy.

It was done by a firm in Kettering, they advertised in the caravan club mag, I have looked but can`t find the ad, they did a great job, I never had any problems with it, including a tow down to the Med. maybe someone will know who they are.

good luck

Tony A.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Interesting we have a big Del and a little del
Hi Big Del.

Thirty Five years ago I was so worried about not getting a job (evening all!!!)where you had to be 5'8", I wore two pairs of socks when I got measured.

Last week at my annual health check up, they measured me at 5'9+. And they say you shrink with age!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know a man who can tell you. If it isn't a Renault Espace, the answer is probably yes. He retro-fits cruise controls to (mainly) motorhomes and cars. All he needs is (1) space for the actuator and control box, (2) to be able to fit a bracket to the accelerator pedal and (3) a speed pulse source.

Contact Harry Wright (Adroit Services) on 01205 820004. He lives near Boston (Lincs, not Mass) and travels to install. Say that Mike from Horsham gave you his details.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Del,

Firstly the year and engine/transmission will make a great deal of difference. For Most VAG products currently a retrofit easy it's a case of a new stalk and having the engine management computer reprogrammed.

May 22, 2006
Visit site
Try lookin on WWW.TYRESMOKE.NET in the audi groups. There's lots of info and lost of people to give advice/assistance.

Good luck
I fitted Cruise Control to my 02 reg. Vectra 2.0 DTi by just buying a new indicator stalk with the CC buttons on the end. The clutch switch and the different brake switch are already fitted and the ECU is also ready enabled. Took about 10 minutes to sort out at a cost of

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts