May 11, 2008
Visit site
As well as fuel prices hitting the caravaner I see the Caravan Club is setting up WiFi on a lot of it's sites but of course you will need a pay as you go card. I have been in France for the last 2 years and the majority of sites have WiFi and IT IS FREE. While on the subject I use a system called Camping Chequea which is £10=30 per night for the standard unit but includes the mains hook up. This only applies in low season, but one site in France is doing it through the high season as well. A month on one site near Argentat France cost us £90 less than the normal fees. So looking at some of the UK site fees makes me want to go to France. Another parting shot is that Diesel in Gibralter is currently 58 pence per litre.

SMS

Dec 6, 2006
Visit site
Any campsite that offers a service still has to re coup the costs of that service. The costs can either be as an additional extra on an individual user basis or as a "free" service with the cost spread to all customers whether they use the service or not.

Personally I dont use the WiFi service on campsites maybe I shoulsd ask for a rebate from campsites that claim it is "free"!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Same old chestnut - I don't understand or see the point in the need to take either a laptop or satellite dish away in the van. When I go away I like to be cut off from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and relax and unwind. I then do what my wife and I want to do and not be dictated to by either the computer or TV.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian I have not retired so very long ago and when I was in work I only used my mobile phone twice to check the children were OK at home - morning and evening - the rest of the day it was off as it was our time and not to be disturbed. Never once did I even think of phoning work. When I came out through the gates at work it was my time and not work time so I never even brought work home with me.

I had to have a reconditioned gearbox and new clutch Brian - it hurt my wallet and the Nationwide to the tune of

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
I offer free internet connection to my clients and staff and anyone who comes close enough to jump on our network and the cost to the business is next to nothing. CC sites have internet already but rather than offer something to the members they are happy to rip us off with there charges.

Continental sites we've used Wi-Fi on have often just have a central area where you can pick up the signal and I've never had to pay. That does me and many others and I've also spent money on sites coffee, cakes and food that I probably woud not have bothered about other wise and I've also met some nice interesting people through using the internet on site.

Internet and mobile phones allows me to have time away from work that I could not have had before so our caravan now gets more use than before mobile and Wi-Fi.

TRENDING THREADS