Rocket shower?

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I came across it in an article today. A rocket showers (a chimney-like system that heats water by drawing hot air upwards using just a tiny amount of paraffin) and is very economical as it only heats the water being used.
Has any one come across this previously. There are a few mentions of it when you Google "Rocket shower". We may know it under a different name.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sir Stagger
Never heard of it .
However from my childhood memories of a parafin heater the smell was distasteful and they were pretty dangerous. Whether things have changed I don't know but for now I will stick to electricity and gas..
I guess if we rallied and wild camped more such a system may have an attraction.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I love the smell of parafin heaters!!! mmmmmmmmmmm Nothing like going into the greenhouse to turn it orf in the morning!!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
It should be easy enough to convert to gas. I can't find a design or more info on it as "unlimited" hot water for the shower in the caravan woud be nice.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Hi Sir Stagger
Never heard of it .
However from my childhood memories of a parafin heater the smell was distasteful and they were pretty dangerous. Whether things have changed I don't know but for now I will stick to electricity and gas..
I guess if we rallied and wild camped more such a system may have an attraction.

Here is a link to how it is built. http://www.flickr.com/photos/cicada/3234504849/in/set-72157613058564419/

May 15, 2007
Visit site
Prof Surfer said:
I came across it in an article today. A rocket showers (a chimney-like system that heats water by drawing hot air upwards using just a tiny amount of paraffin) and is very economical as it only heats the water being used.
Has any one come across this previously. There are a few mentions of it when you Google "Rocket shower". We may know it under a different name.

same principal as the Kelly Kettle

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts