Roscoff

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,
Well we haven’t been across to Brittany since pre brexit and we are all booked for next week. I was wondering if anyone has had recent experience/ advice regarding landing in Roscoff and getting through French border controls? For instance, is it much of a holdup? Are there tips and recommendations to smooth things along? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Best regards
F

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are currently in Benodet, crossed from Plymouth to Roscoff last Saturday/Sunday, only 2 caravans on the ferry, 1 Artic and a few motorhomes., cars and motorbikes, felt like the ferry was less than half full,We were first off and just waved through after passport and Covid passes were checked,not due back untill 11th, but judging by the lack of queues at Roscoff when we arrived seems like things are pretty quiet. Also not seen many Brit registrations, our site is French and German in the main.

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for that Woodsieboy, three years ago the ferry was packed with more lorries than you could shake a stick at. Caravans and motor homes bumper to bumper. We have put covid passes both on the NHS app and we have printed out the pdf version. I must admit we can’t wait to get going.
F

May 10, 2020
Visit site
Well here we are enjoying Brittany for the first time for more than three years and disembarking from the ferry at Roscoff couldn’t have been easier or quicker. Took maybe five minutes to clear French border control. Passports and, in our case, printed copies of our covid certificates, was all that was required. All very efficient and easy.
I must admit to a certain amount of surprise at the amount of British cars without UK stickers/ plates, no head light beam deflectors or in some case, towing mirrors. Hey ho no surprise.
F

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Well here we are enjoying Brittany for the first time for more than three years and disembarking from the ferry at Roscoff couldn’t have been easier or quicker. Took maybe five minutes to clear French border control. Passports and, in our case, printed copies of our covid certificates, was all that was required. All very efficient and easy.
I must admit to a certain amount of surprise at the amount of British cars without UK stickers/ plates, no head light beam deflectors or in some case, towing mirrors. Hey ho no surprise.
F
Many cars sold in the UK don't need headlight beam deflectors to be legal in LHD countries - there has been a gradual change from a "Y" beam where the dip beam pattern kicks up at about 30 degrees on the nearside to a "Z" beam where both sides of the dip beam pattern are horizontal.

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I always found the smaller French ports were far easier to get in and out of.

As for headlight deflectors, don't forget that a lot of cars no longer need them. The beam pattern can be adjusted to stop blinding our European friends

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts