Route Planners for Europe

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
There's also viamichelin and mappy.com - both are good, and offer a 'towing' option, or 'avoid tolls'. Also, I'd recommend the Michelin France map book - which is very detailed, and useful for finding all the interesting bits when you arrive, as well as finding a useful detour should you get lost! It also makes the journey pass more quickly, as you move smartly from one page to another, you can 'feel' your progress!!!!

The larger scale, fold out page maps, are only useful for major route planning, not fine detail.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Try www.mappy.com this even gives you pictures of the raod signs that you will encounter,details of where speed cameras are located and toll charges.

Feb 17, 2007
Visit site
Valerie - I'm going to try to change my 'name' back to Val A which is what it used to be.

Other Valerie!!!
Val A,

I, too, had this problem. Go to edit profile. Enter Val A as your first name and think up a new password.

At least I think that is what I did.

Mike E

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
Try the ACSI website (you can also purchase their route planner software CD and sites directory) This CD provides good routes between hundreds of campsites throughout Europe and if you have the CD you don't need to go on line to access the route planner.

The ACSI card comes with the directory and provides good sites discounts. We used it for the first time this year for travelling through France and Spain and found it very usefull. In all we stayed on 8 sites during our 11 week tour and saved over 90euros so the cost of the CD and directory at

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Val A,

I, too, had this problem. Go to edit profile. Enter Val A as your first name and think up a new password.

At least I think that is what I did.

Mike E
Thanks Mike, but already done it - now officially Val A!! Same on UKCS site, too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts